Instructions regarding the caste certificate to be produced at the time of 50% All India Quota PG counseling.
A SC/ST candidate while coming for counseling of 50% All India Quota PG seats should bring a caste certificate along with the other certificates mentioned in the prospectus. He has to submit the caste certificate from any of the authorities given below:
- I. District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate / Deputy Commissioner / Collector / Additional Deputy Commissioner / Deputy Collector / First Class Stipendiary Magistrate / City Magistrate (not below the rank of first class Stipendiary Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner).
- II. Chief Presidency Magistrate / Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate / Presidency Magistrate.
- III. Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- IV. Sub Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and / or his / her family normally reside.
The allotment of seat is provisional and is subject to the caste / tribe certificate being verified through proper channel and if the verification reveals that the claim to belong to scheduled caste or scheduled tribe, as the case may be, is false, the allotment will be cancelled forthwith without assigning any reason and without prejudice to such further action as may be taken under the provisions of Indian Penal Code for production of false certificate.
- At least six SC & three ST candidates are requested to be present for the counseling in addition to their rank mentioned in the schedule of each session of counseling. This is done to avoid non-availability of the reserved category candidate for the counseling in spite of candidates present in their merit list. These candidates of SC/ST are kept as additional candidates, they may or may not get allotment of seat on the same day. If they are not considered for counseling, they will be called in the evening session or in the morning session on the next day for counseling.
- The SC/ST candidates are further advised to keep in touch with the counseling centre, through internet.
- The SC/ST certificate should be only in English or Hindi issued by competent authority.