GOVERNMENT OF TAMIL NADU
MEDICAL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
ADMISSION TO POST GRADUATE DEGREE / DIPLOMA / 5 YEAR M.Ch.(NEURO-SURGERY) AND MDS COURSES IN TAMIL NADU GOVERNMENT / SELF-FINANCING MEDICAL AND DENTAL COLLEGES FOR 2007-2008 SESSION
1. Application forms for the above courses will be available from 31-1-2007 to 9-2-2007 (upto 3.00 P.M.) from the Deans of the following Government Medical / Dental Colleges on a written request in person or by post with a crossed Demand Draft for Rs.1,250/- (Rupees One thousand and two hundred and fifty only) drawn in favour of The Secretary, Selection Committee, Chennai-600 010 and DATED NOT EARLIER THAN 29-1-2007 from any Branch of a NATIONALISED BANK, payable at CHENNAI. SC/ST Candidates are exempted from payment of fees for the application form and they should produce attested xerox copy of the community certificate while collecting the application form.
1. Madras Medical College, Chennai-3.
2. Stanley Medical College, Chennai-1.
3. Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai-10.
4. Chengalpattu Medical College, Chengalpattu-1.
5. Madurai Medical College, Madurai-20.
6. Thanjavur Medical College, Thanjavur-4.
7. Coimbatore Medical College, Coimbatore-14.
8. Government Mohan Kumaramangalam Medical College, Salem-30.
9. Tirunelveli Medical College, Tirunelveli-11.
10.K.A.P. Viswanatham Govt. Medical College, Tiruchirapalli-17.
11.Thoothukudi Medical College, Thoothukudi-8.
12.Kanyakumari Govt. Medical College, Nagercoil.
13.Vellore Govt. Medical College, Vellore.
14.Theni Govt. Medical College, Theni.
15.Tamil Nadu Government Dental College and Hospital, Chennai-3.
2. Requisition by Post should be addressed to the Deans / Principal of the Government Medical / Dental Colleges only, duly enclosing Postal Stamps to the value of Rs.60/- (Rupees Sixty Only) SEPARATELY FOR POSTAL CHARGES, besides a crossed Demand Draft for Rs.1,250/- (Rupees One thousand two hundred and fifty only) towards Application Form Fee drawn in favour of The Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai-600 010 payable at Chennai by Demand Draft dated not earlier than 29-1-2007. SC / ST candidates should enclose the attested xerox copy of the community certificate and Postal Stamps to the value of Rs.60/- (Rupees Sixty only) towards the cost of postages along with their request for free application. No application will be available at Selection Committee Office.
3. a) The candidate should be a citizen of India and should have undergone MBBS / BDS
courses in the State of Tamil Nadu.
b) Candidates of Tamil Nadu Nativity who have completed MBBS/BDS in other States
shall furnish a Certificate of Nativity in Tamilnadu issued by a Competent authority
in the Format annexed to the Application Form.
4. Service candidates who have not completed three years of continuous service as on 31-03-2007 are not eligible to apply.
5. a) The candidates who joined Post Graduate Degree / Diploma / 5Years M.Ch. (Neuro Surgery) / MDS Courses in any discipline and discontinued the courses on any grounds after the cut off date fixed by the Medical Council of India are eligible to apply only after a period of 2 years from the date of discontinuance of the course.
6. a) Candidates (Private/Service) who possess a Postgraduate Degree are not eligible to apply for admission to any other Post Graduate Degree or Diploma Courses.
b) The candidate (Private/Service) who is a Diploma holder is not eligible to apply for another Diploma course but can apply for any Post Graduate Degree course.
7. BDS GRADUATES SHOULD APPLY IN THE SPECIFIED APPLICATION FORM FOR MDS COURSES AND IF THEY APPLY USING A POST GRADUATE DEGREE / DIPLOMA APPLICATION, IT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
8. Detailed information regarding Eligibility, Entrance Examination, Mode of Selection, Courses and Colleges are available in the Prospectus to be issued along with the Application and also in the website http//:www.tnhealth.org.
9. Candidates who have graduated from other Universities have to produce the Eligibility Certificate from the Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai at the time of Counselling, failing which they will not be considered for selection.
10. The completed application along with enclosures should reach the Secretary, Selection Committee, No.162, Periyar E.V.R. High Road, Kilpauk, Chennai-600010 on or before 09-02-2007 by 5.00 P.M.
11. Application form can also be downloaded from website http//:www.tnhealth.org. Such candidates have to enclose the Demand Draft dated not earlier than 29-1-2007 for Rs.1,250/- (Rupees One thousand two hundred and fifty only) drawn in favour of The Secretary Selection Committee, Chennai–10 while submitting the application. SC / ST candidates are exempted from the payment of cost of application fee.
For PG entrance orientation on this topic click here…
For MCQ discussion click here…
For Application Forms Download, Notifications and Results click Here…