POST DOCTORAL / GRADUATE FELLOWSHIP ADMISSIONS CMC Vellore August 2012
CHRISTIAN MEDICAL COLLEGE VELLORE – 632002, TAMIL NADU
POST DOCTORAL / GRADUATE FELLOWSHIP ADMISSIONS August 2012
This bulletin may be downloaded free from the website. It gives essential details to
candidates and helps them in their application for the various Post Doctoral /
Graduate Fellowship courses beginning August 2012. PLEASE GO THROUGH THIS
CAREFULLY BEFORE FILLING THE FORM.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Application forms can be accessed only on-line through the College website on
http://home.cmcvellore.ac.in/admissions/admin.htm till 5th April 2012 and submitted with a
basic administrative fee of Rs.1000/-. Candidates applying from SAARC countries
should send Rs.2000/- or its equivalent and those from other foreign countries US
dollars 100 or its equivalent.
Money can be remitted using any of the following methods:
1. Demand draft in favour of “C.M.C. Vellore Association a/c” on any scheduled bank,
payable in Vellore.
2. As a challan at no extra cost at any branch of ICICI bank in India. Please mention
‘FC – CMC – V’ on the challan.
Send the DD, original payment Challan or receipt to: Office of the Registrar,
CMC, Thorapadi PO, Vellore 632002. State your full postal address with Pin-code.
Mention your telephone number and email address if available. No additional money,
stamps or envelopes are required.
ADMISSION TIME TABLE 2012**
5th April 2012 – Last date for access of online application forms
9th April 2012 – Last date for receipt of completed application forms
16th April 2012 – Last date for receipt of completed sponsorship forms
18th May 2012 – Written test at various centres (Afternoon 2:00 pm to 3.00 pm)
25th May 2012 – Announcement of list of candidates who qualify for interview and practical tests (Evening)
25th June 2012 – Medical examination
26th June 2012 – Interviews and practical tests in Town Campus, Vellore.
27th June 2012 – Announcement of final selection list
28th June 2012 – Acceptance by 10.00 am
16th July 2012 – Registration for the course
17th July 2012 – Courses begin
Phone : +91 (416) 2284255; 5214255
Fax : +91 (416) 2262788 2
** dates are subject to change
POST DOCTORAL / GRADUATE FELLOWSHIP SELECTIONS August 2012
CC Course Name Eligibility Duration
Completion of 3year DM/DNB course in
1 year 2
Advanced Training in Oral &
MDS (Oral & Maxillofacial Sur) 2 years 1
F03 Allergy, Asthma & Immunology MD/DNB Resp. Med/Gen Med / Paed 2 years 2
1 year 1
F05 Anaesthesia (Neuro Anaesthesia)
MD / DNB Anaesthesia
1 year 1
F06 Clinical Embryology
MD/MS/DNB in Obstetrics & Gynaecology/
Pathology / Microbiology / Physiology
2 years 1
F07 Clinical Genetics MD / DNB Gen Med/Paed/ Biochemistry 2 years 1
F08 Clin. Immunology & Rheumatology MD / DNB Gen Medicine / Paediatrics 2 years 1
F09 Critical Care Medicine ** MD / DNB in any clin. subject 2 years 4
F10 Cytogenetics MD Pathology / MS Anatomy 2 years 1
F11 Diabetes (Post MD) ** MD General Medicine 1 year 1
F14 Haematopathology MD / DNB Pathology 2 years 1
F15 Hand Surgery **
MS / DNB Ortho
MCh Plastic Sur / MS Gen Sur
1 year 2
F17 Infectious Disease ** MD / DNB General Medicine 2 years 2
F18 Medical Oncology
MD / DNB General Medicine / Radiotherapy /
2 years 2
F19 Molecular Haematology MD / PhD / DNB any subject 2 years 1
F21 Neuropathology MD Pathology 2 years 1
F23 Paediatric Intensive Care MD / DNB Paediatrics DCH (2 year course)
1 year /
F24 Paediatric Orthopaedics MS Orth / DNB Orth 2 years 2
F25 Pulmonology MD / DNB Resp. Med / Gen Med 2 years 2
Radiology (Interventional & Vascular
F27 Radiology (Cross Sectional Imaging)
MD / DNB Radiology. Preference will be give
to post-degree experience.
F28 Reproductive Medicine ** MD / MS / DNB (OG) 2 years 2
F29 Spinal Disorder Surgery MS Orth / DNB Orth 2 years 2
F30 Vascular Surgery MS / DNB General Sur 1 year 1
Bone Marrow & Stem Cell
DM Haematology / DM Medical Oncology 2 years 2
F33 Child & Adolescent Psychiatry MD / DNB Psychiatry 2 years 2
F37 Colorectal Surgery MS/DNB General Surgery/MCh/DNB in GI Sur. 2 years 1
F38 Radiology (Paediatric)
MD/DNB Radiology. Preference will be give to
1 year 1
F39 Paediatric Nephrology ** MD or DNB Paediatrics 1 year 1
F40 Paediatric ENT ** Post MS (ENT) 3 years experience 2 years 2
F41 PET – CT Oncology MD/DNB in Nuclear Medicine 1 year 2
* Variable number
** Courses accredited by the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai.
NOTE: POST GRADUATE COURSES IN THIS INSTITUTION ARE IN-SERVICE TRAINING PROGRAMMES. 3
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS
PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE BULLETIN AND READ THE INSTRUCTIONS
CAREFULLY BEFORE FILLING THE FORM.
THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE APPLICATION FORM WILL BE TAKEN AS FINAL.
ACCESS FORMS ONLINE:
1. Fill the form online and click submit. If successful, a message will appear on the
screen with instructions
2. Take a printout of the form. A provisional registration slip will also be printed at
the same time.
3. Check the details for accuracy. Paste a recent photograph (passport size) on it and
sign the form.
4. Make your PAYMENT by one of the methods mentioned on page 1
5. Send in the signed form with proof of payment and other required ENCLOSURES
to the Office of the Registrar, CMC, Vellore – 632 002 to reach on or before the last
Please keep your application number and Registration number safely to
access your hall ticket and results from the website.
IN CASE OF DOUBT, PLEASE CONTACT REGISTRAR’S OFFICE.
1. CANDIDATES MAY NOT APPLY FOR MORE THAN TWO COURSES.
2. NO CANDIDATE WILL BE ALLOWED TO CHANGE THE CHOICE OF SUBJECT
3. That you ensure that the application form is complete
4. That Self – attested clear photo copies of Certificate of completion of Sponsorship
obligation (applicable to those who have been sponsored previously) signed by the
authorised signatory of the sponsoring body need to be enclosed
5. Candidates are advised to submit their applications as early as possible. Applicants
employed in Government or similar establishments who have to route their
applications through “proper channels” for the purpose of permission/leave, etc., are
advised to submit an application as detailed above for the desired course, complete
with all the required enclosures directly to Office of the Registrar before the closing
date. A photocopy of the completed application may be routed through the “proper
channels”. This would avoid rejection of the applications from such candidates due to
receipt after the closing date on account of delays in various sanctioning offices
6. Completed applications with all the required enclosures must reach the Office of the
Registrar, Christian Medical College, Vellore 632 002, on or before 9th
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THIS TIME LIMIT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Applications which lack any of the required enclosures will also not be considered
7. All foreign students require a “No Objection Certificate” from The Secretary,
Government of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Nirman Bhavan, New
Delhi – 110011 after offer of admission to the College.
SINCE THE APPLICATION FORM IS READ BY A COMPUTER, FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY.
FILL IN ALL THE DATA PROPERLY. MAKE SURE THAT THE CORRECT CODE NUMBERS ARE FILLED IN
UNAMBIGUOUSLY IN THE CLEAR TEXT FORMAT AS SHOWN. ERRORS ARISING OUT OF INCORRECT OR
IMPROPER DATA ENTRY WILL BE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CANDIDATE. 4
1. Any Christian Church or Organization which is a member of the Christian Medical
College Vellore Association or Council which operates its own medical work is eligible to
sponsor candidates for the various educational courses run by CMC, Vellore, provided
the organization does not run the said course. In addition the Christian Medical
College, Vellore is also a recognized sponsoring body.
2. All bodies that are eligible to sponsor candidates for selection to the M.B.B.S. course are
eligible to sponsor candidates for Post doctoral / Graduate fellowship courses provided
they do not offer the same course/s in hospitals or colleges of their own sponsoring
body. This rule does not apply to CMC, Vellore.
3. Candidates sponsored to medical postgraduate courses should have served a minimum
period of two years in one or more mission hospitals of any of the supporting bodies.
This may include training periods after graduation for postgraduate course in CMC,
Vellore or any teaching / mission hospital of any supporting body.
4. The duration of service obligation for post doctoral / graduate fellowship course will be
a minimum of two years. (Cl. 1.1.5)
5. Sponsored candidates on completion of their postgraduate courses opting for responsorship from the same sponsoring body for the Post doctoral fellowship may have
their service obligation deferred till after the Post doctoral fellowship course and shall
fulfil the total service obligation subsequent to completion of the course.
6. A sponsoring body that has a sponsored student in training in a Post Doctoral /
Graduate Fellowship course may not be permitted to sponsor a second candidate in the
same speciality while the first candidate is still in training, unless they show adequate
evidence for need of a second candidate in a hospital run by that sponsoring body.
7. If a sponsoring body after agreeing to provide necessary infrastructure for a new higher
speciality does not fulfil the same, the sponsorship privileges of the sponsoring body for
the specific higher speciality course shall be suspended after review by SPORC.(Cl
8. No Sponsored candidates shall be considered for admission unless they achieve a set
minimum standard in the admission test which indicates that they can successfully
complete the course. The candidates should also fulfil the requirements of the respective
9. NO FEES OR DONATION are to be paid for sponsorship other than the stipulated
sponsorship fee, which should not exceed Rs.250/-.
10.The service obligation arising from sponsorship should be given as service, and nonfulfilment of service violates the spirit of sponsorship and the aim and objectives of the
11.Students who do not fulfil the service obligation will not be eligible for admission to
postgraduate studies or for appointment as staff of CMC, Vellore. They will not be given
any certificates other than those statutorily mandated by the University and respective
Professional Council / Regulatory Body.
12.The Principal is authorized to withhold transcripts and other non-statutory certificates
issued by the College until the sponsorship obligations are fulfilled. 5
THE SELECTION PROCESS
The selection of candidates for postgraduate courses will be according to the
directives of the CMC Vellore Council. Fifty percent of the seats in each course are
reserved for sponsored candidates, provided they fulfil other criteria for eligibility for
admission. However, more than 50% of the available seats may be allotted to
sponsored candidates based on their ranking in the selection test. The wait list is
based on ranking in the selection tests. The first sponsored candidate on the waiting
list will ordinarily fill vacancies arising by sponsored candidates not accepting a seat
to make up 50% reservation for sponsored candidates. In the event that more than
50% of the seats in any course are filled by sponsored candidates and one of the
sponsored candidates does not accept the seat, it will be offered to the next candidate
on the wait list by rank irrespective of whether he or she is sponsored or open.
Hall Tickets are generated and available at the link
http://home.cmcvellore.ac.in/admissions/admin.htm after 1st May 2012. Please
access the website and print it out. Check for accuracy of detail. In case of nonreceipt or availability of the hall ticket one week prior to the date of the written test,
candidates may contact the Office of the Registrar by post, fax, email or the
telephone. Please keep your application/registration number handy.
ENTRANCE TESTS (See also Annexure 1)
Candidates for all Fellowship courses conducted by the College are ranked on the
basis of a written test, clinical examination and interview.
1. The written test will be conducted at Bangalore, Calicut, Chennai, Delhi,
Ernakulam, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Kottayam, Lucknow, Madurai,
Mumbai, Puducherry, Salem, Trivandrum, Vellore and Vijayawada.
2. The written test paper consists of multiple choice questions in the speciality for
which the candidate has applied.
The duration of the paper is 1 hour (50 questions). All candidates who wish to take
the written test are required to be in their assigned seats at the time, date and place
stipulated on the Hall ticket. No candidate will be permitted to enter the examination
hall after 30 minutes of the stipulated examination commencement time.
For those taking the exams in Vellore: Please note that accommodation will not be
available in the Hospital Annexe or any of the institutional guest houses or hostels
during this period for candidates.
INFORMATION ON ENTRANCE TESTS
The entrance tests are of ‘objective’ multiple choice answer type. There will be
questions printed in the test booklet.
In the answer sheet, the serial numbers of each question will be printed and
against each number, there will be boxes provided for you to shade the correct
You should have your Hall Ticket bearing your roll number with you.
USING A PEN, Write your name, hall ticket number and sign at the bottom of
your answer sheet in the space provided. Shade in your hall ticket number into
the boxes provided.
For shading answers you may use a pen or a pencil .Using a pencil is to your
advantage as you can make corrections if any easily
Bring two HB pencils and an eraser or a pen .
You will NOT be permitted to take rough paper, scale, calculators, slide rule,
logarithm tables, drawing instruments, CELLULAR PHONES or pagers into the
There is no negative mark for wrong answers.
Results of all candidates who have attended the entrance examination will be
put up on the website http://home.cmcvellore.ac.in/admissions/admin.htm
INTERVIEWS AND PRACTICAL TESTS:
A list of those candidates who are selected and are eligible for the tests and interviews
will be put up on notice boards in the College and Town campuses and on the website
http://home.cmcvellore.ac.in/admissions/admin.htm Please refer to the time table on Page 1.
The Tests and Interviews will usually be conducted at the CMC Hospital (Town
campus], located on Ida Scudder Road, Vellore .During the tests in Vellore, the
candidate’s medical fitness to undergo the course will also be assessed. A Medical
Check up will be held the day prior to the interview. All candidates invited for the
interviews are advised to bring their Chest X-ray of size 15” x 12” taken within the
last six months.
Note: Candidates who are currently pregnant / or pregnancy is a possibility will
be exempted from the Chest X-ray.
CANDIDATES WHO ARE INVITED TO BE INTERVIEWED MUST HAVE THE
FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS IN ORIGINAL:
(Attested photocopies of the Certificates are acceptable only for interview purpose)
a) Degree Certificate or Provisional Pass Certificate or Official Final Mark Sheet
issued by the University, for each course done- MBBS and MD or MS.
CERTIFICATES ISSUED BY OTHER AUTHORITIES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE
b) Course and Conduct Certificate issued by the Principal/Dean of the College and
stamped with the Seal of the office giving the dates of commencement and
completion of course, stating clearly that the candidate does not have any pending
obligation of service – one certificate for each course done. M.B.B.S or Diploma or
CERTIFICATES ISSUED BY OTHER AUTHORITIES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE.
c) STATE MEDICAL COUNCIL REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE (Temporary or
All selected candidates who wish to accept the Post Doctoral Fellowship seat offered,
must give their acceptance in writing by the date and time stipulated in the
REGISTRATION OF SELECTED CANDIDATES:
All selected candidates must report to the Principal’s Office to register themselves for
the Post Doctoral Fellowship course for which they have been selected as per timetable on page 1. All selected candidates are expected to join their respective courses
on the stipulated date without fail after registration. Failure to join the course on
the stipulated date will lead to automatic forfeiture of the seat offered and the
candidates in the waiting list (in the order listed) will be invited to join the course.
All documents should be submitted in Original with one photocopy at the time of
Registration. The courses will commence on 17th
Those candidates who are required to complete their service obligation prior to joining
will need to complete the same at the latest by 1st
July 2012. 7
Candidates who accept the offer of selection and join the course will be expected to
complete the whole training period. If due to any extra-ordinary circumstances a
candidate is forced to discontinue, the desire to withdraw should be notified to the
Principal in writing by 20th
July 2012. Those who withdraw from the course
thereafter will not be selected for any training course or staff appointment
subsequently in this institution. They will be required to pay the fees for the full
course and make compensatory payment at the rate of the stipend normally paid to
them, an amount that is proportional to any shortage of notice for withdrawal that is
less than one month. Tuition fee and College fees once paid will not be refunded.
Waitlisted candidates should keep the Office of the Registrar updated about the
address and phone number up to 28/07/2012.
The following certificates are required in Original to register for admission:
1. MBBS Degree certificate in original issued by the University.
2. MBBS Course and conduct certificate in original issued by the Principal/Dean.
3. Certificate of completion of CRRI training in original issued by the Principal /
4. MD/MS/ Degree or DNB certificate or Provisional pass certificate in original issued
by the University or Board.
5. MD/MS/DNB course and conduct certificate in original issued by the
Principal/Dean/Head of Institution.
6. Migration Certificate in original to be obtained from their respective University.
7. Eligibility Certificate obtained from the Registrar, The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical
University, Chennai for graduates of Universities other than Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R.
Medical University (Please note that a Migration certificate is needed for obtaining the
Eligibility certificate). Required only for the courses accredited by the Tamil Nadu
Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai.
8. Tamil Nadu Medical Council Registration Certificate for MBBS and additional
qualification. Please note that a ‘No objection certificate’ from the concerned
medical council will be required in order to obtain the Tamil Nadu Medical Council
9. Original and attested clear photocopy of date of birth certificate. (SSLC/H.Sc.
10. Service obligation completion certificate in original in the case of former sponsored
students of this college, giving full details of date of commencement and
completion of service obligation.
11. Sponsored candidates should submit a clear attested photocopy of the agreement
signed on stamp paper, by the candidate and the sponsoring agency. Noncompliance will result in automatic cancellation of selection.
12. Sponsored candidates should also submit a certificate of completion of two years of
service in one / more Mission Hospitals of any supporting body of this institution after
13. Four passport size colour photographs for issue of identity card and for University
14. A CD which contains the following files: (i) A passport size colour photograph in
JPEG form and (ii) a scanned copy of the candidates signature. Both the files and
the CD cover should be labelled with the name of the candidate and the course.
The image file size should not exceed 100 KB. 8
15. Foreign Nationals must produce a “No Objection Certificate” from the Government of
16. Candidates who have done DNB as their qualifying exam, should have the
necessary experience as recommended by MCI, to be considered equivalent to
17. Transfer certificate in original issued by the Principal / Dean.
18. Proof of identity (Passport /Voter ID /Driving License)
19. PAN Card
20. Form 16 (If available)
In addition to the originals three copies of all the above certificates are required
at the time of admission.
Tuition fees of the whole course must be paid as one instalment at the time of
STIPEND & ACCOMMODATION
The medical Post Doctoral / Graduate Fellowship Courses are conducted in
accordance with the regulations of the Academic Committee of the CMC Vellore
Association and the training is an “in service” type. Selected candidates will be paid a
consolidated stipend as per rules, and provided free partly furnished single
accommodation as per availability.
SOME FACILITIES AVAILABLE FOR POST DOCTORAL/GRADUATE TRAINEES:
Medical Records Department: In clinical areas, special emphasis is given to medical
record keeping. There is a well organized Medical Record Library in the institution as
well as a departmental record system. Facilities are provided in these areas for
trainees to conduct retrospective case studies from records.
Research activity of each Department: The Christian Medical College supports an
active medical research programme. To broaden this experience, the trainees are
encouraged to participate in research activities. A Research Methodology course will
be conducted for all newly selected postgraduate students. Attendance for this is
mandatory. Failure to do so will result in the candidates forfeiting the privilege of
obtaining research grants from the CMC Research Committee.
Accommodation: Partly furnished accommodation will be provided for all post
doctoral / graduate trainees depending on availability. Candidates are required to
vacate their accommodation within 2 weeks of finishing their course. Meals can be
obtained from the canteen run by the National Y.W.C.A in the hospital premises, or
from one of the many hotels in the vicinity of the hospital. Meals can also be had
either from the mess run at the Men Intern’s Quarters or Lady Doctor’s Hostel.
Recreation: Facilities for tennis, badminton, basketball, volleyball and table tennis
Staff Student Health Clinic: The medical needs of the students and staff of the
Christian Medical College are met through the clinic provided for this purpose. 9
Roughly indicative and subject to change.
Hepatitis B Vaccination is mandatory for all students. The selected candidates
should contact the Staff Student Health Service within one week of joining the course.
The candidates have to pay for Vaccination (3 doses and 1 booster dose). Failure to
take the Vaccination will make the candidate ineligible for free immunoglobulin in the
event of accidental exposure of Hepatitis-B. If the candidate has already been
vaccinated elsewhere the serum antibody titres should be confirmed through the Staff
Student Health Service. The candidates have to pay for this test.
All Candidates should pay the following fees at the time of registration for the course.
The fees will be collected for the whole course as one instalment, at the time of
registration for admission.
COLLEGE FEE STRUCTURE
Fee 1Year Course 2 Year Course
College Administrative Fee 5000 6000
College Admission Fee 500 500
Medical Attendance Fee 500 1000
Tuition Fee 500 1000
Alumni Association Life Membership 3000 3000
Library Fee (College) 500 1000
Examination Expenses Fee 5000 7500
One time establishment Fee 7500 15000
Total 22500 3500010
List of Bodies and Churches that may certify candidates under the sponsored category
Code bodies / Churches Code bodies / Churches
1. Andhra Evangelical Lutheran Church #
2. Arcot Lutheran Church #
3. Assemblies of God in North India
4. Baptist Church of Mizoram
5. Chaldean Syrian Church of the East
6. Christian Assemblies in India
7. Christian Service Society of the Bengal, Orissa
& Bihar #
8. Church of North India, Nagpur Diocese
9. Church of North India Synod – The Synodical
Board of Health services
10. C.S.I. Coimbatore Diocese
11. C.S.I. Dornakal Diocese
12. C.S.I. Kanyakumari Diocese
13. C.S.I. Karimnagar Diocese #
14. C.S.l. Karnataka Diocese Inter Diocesan
15. C.S.I Krishna – Godavari Diocese
16. C.S.I. Madras Diocese
17. C.S.l. Madhya Kerala Diocese
18. C.S.I. Madurai-Ramnad Diocese
19. C.S.l. Medak Diocese #
20. C.S.I. North Kerala Diocese
21. C.S.I. Rayalaseema Diocese
22. C.S.I. South Kerala Diocese
23. C.S.I. Tiruchy-Tanjore Diocese
24. C.S.l. Tirunelveli Diocese
25. C.S.I. Vellore Diocese
26. Council of Baptist Churches in North East India
27. Council of Christian Hospitals
28. Eastern Regional Board of Health Services
29. Emmanuel Hospital Association
30. Evangelical Lutheran Church in Madhya
31. Gossner Evangelical Lutheran Church #
32. India Evangelical Lutheran Church
33. Inter Ashram Fellowship
34. Jeypore Evangelical Lutheran Church
35. Khasi Jaintia Presbyterian Assembly
36. Kolhapur Church Council #
37. Malankara Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church
38. Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church
Catholicate of the East
39. Marathi Mission
40. Mar Thoma Syrian Church of Malabar
41. Mennonite Medical Board of the Mennonite
Church in India.
42. Methodist Church in India
43. Mizo Presbyterian Church Synod
44. North Bank Baptist Christian Association
45. Poona Christian Medical Association
46. The Salvation Army India South Eastern Territory
47. The Salvation Army India South Western Territory
48. The Salvation Army India Western Territory
49. Samavesam of Telugu Baptist Churches #
50. Southern Asia Division of Seventh Day Adventists
51. Tamil Evangelical Lutheran Church
52. U.P. Regional Board of Health Services
53. The Leprosy Mission
54. Christoffel Blinden Mission
55. C.S.l. Jaffna Diocese
56. International Mission Board, Southern Baptist
58. South East Asia Union Mission of SDA Singapore
59. United Mission to Nepal
60. Christian Medical College, Vellore.
63. Value Programme, CMC Ludhiana
# NOT ELIGIBLE TO CERTIFY THIS ACADEMIC YEAR