Phone Nos.: 91-0522-2668004-8, 2668700, 2668800, 2668900 Ext: 2011, 2304, 2009
Fax Nos. 91-0522-2668017, 2668098, and 2668129/2005
Advertisement No. Acad. 08/40 /2008-09
ADMISSIONS & APPOINTMENTS
|Applications are invited from qualified Indian nationals for admission/appointment to PDF/Senior Resident (Hospital Services/Hospital Administration)/MD in the following specialties for session commencing from JANUARY, 2009 (SR (HS)/PDF) & May 2009 (MD):-
Essential Qualifications for Senior Residents (Hospital Services): MD (Medicine/ Paediatrics) for Cardiology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Nephrology, Clinical Haematology and Neurology; MD Paediatric for Paediatric Gastroenterology; MS for CVTS, Surgical Gastroenterology/Liver Transplantation , Urology, Neurosurgery ; MD in respective specialty for Anaesthesiology, Microbiology, Pathology, Radiodiagnosis, Radiotherapy or equivalent qualification recognized by MCI. For Nuclear Medicine MD (Nuclear Medicine) / MBBS with DRM or equivalent qualification recognized by MCI; For Transfusion Medicine, MD (Transfusion Medicine/ Pathology) or MBBS with Ph.D. in Transfusion Medicine, for Critical Care Medicine MD in Anaesthesiology/ Pulmonary Medicine/ Internal Medicine or Paediatric, for Lab Haematology MD in Transfusion Medicine/Pathology or equivalent qualification recognized by MCI.
Essential Qualifications for Senior Residents (Hospital Administration): MD (Hospital Administration) or Master in Hospital Administration or Community Health Administration or Social and Preventive Medicine.
Essential Qualifications for PDF Courses: M.Ch. (C.V.T.S.) for Paediatric Cardiac Surgery, Minimally Invasive Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, DM (Nephrology) for Renal Transplantation Medicine (Nephrology), DM/DNB in Gastroenterology for Post Doctor Fellowship (PDF) in Advanced Endoscopy and Post Doctor Fellowship (PDF) in GI Physiology, DM (Neurology) for Neuro Physiology, Neuro Critical Care, M.Ch (Urology) for Renal Transplantation Surgery (Urology), M.Ch (Surgical Gastroenterology) for Pancreatico-Biliary Surgery (Surgical Gastroenterology) and M.Ch.(Neurosurgery) for Neuro-physiology and Neuro-critical Care. Candidate should submit 200 words write up to describe work done by him/her in the area, the reason for applying for PDF and what he/she wants to do after PDF. He/She should also give names of two referees.
Candidates applying for PDF are exempted from theory examination, but they would have to appear in an interview to be held on Monday 08.12.2008 at 10.00 a.m. in respective departments.
Essential Qualifications for MD Courses: Candidates must have completed one-year rotational internship as on 30.04.2009 after having passed MBBS examination from a Medical College/Institute duly recognized by MCI and should have permanent registration with MCI.
Age: Upper age limit for eligibility is 35 Years for Senior Resident (Hospital Services/Hospital Administration) and 30 years for MD courses on 01.01.2009. Age relaxation of a maximum of 5 years will be given to SC/ST/OBC candidates having domicile in U.P. Reservation to widowed/divorced/legally-separated women who have not re-married and disabled/handicapped persons will be as per Government rules. There is no upper age limit for PDF courses.
HOW TO APPLY:
The information brochure and application forms for SR (HS)/PDF can be downloaded from the Institute’s website [http://www.sgpgi.ac.in] during Monday 20th October, 2008 to Friday 14th November, 2008. The candidates will have to fill up the APPLICATION FORM ONLINE. After online submission a print out of filled in application form MUST be taken and sent to Executive Registrar SGPGIMS Lucknow 226014 along with all relevant documents in support of age, qualification, and proof of MD/MS recognition by Medical Council of India, reservation etc and duly signed by the candidate. A bank draft of Rs. 1,000/- towards examination fee should also be attached with the application form. The Bank Draft should be drawn in favour of Director, SGPGIMS, Lucknow Academic Account.
Last date of completed application form along with necessary enclosures for SR (HS/HA)/PDF is Friday 14.11.2008.
Information brochure and application form for MD Courses will be available on Institute website [http://www.sgpgi.ac.in]. The candidates will have to fill up ONLINE APPLICATION FORM which will be available on website with effect from Wednesday 26th November 2008 to Friday 26th December 2008.
Last date of completed application form along with necessary enclosures for MD is Friday 26.12.2008.
HOW TO KNOW YOUR ELIGIBILITY:
HOW TO GET YOUR ADMIT CARD:
HOW TO KNOW YOUR RESULT:
The list of qualified candidates SR (HS) in Part-A examination to be called for Part B exam will be displayed the day following the PART-A Objective written examination.
The final result of SR (HS/PDF entrance exam will be available on the Institute website/Institute notice boards within one week of the entrance examination.
The result of MD entrance exam will be available on the Institute website/Institute notice boards within one month of the entrance examination.
1. Part A –objective MCQ written examination for selection of Senior Residents (HS) will be held on Sunday 07th December, 2008 at 10.30 AM to 12.00 Noon. Based on result of Part-A examination candidate will be called for Part –B departmental objective test examination. Interview for PDF posts will be held on 08.12.2008 at 10.00 AM in respective departments.
2. The number of Senior Resident (Hospital Services) posts advertised may increase or decrease.
3. Reservation for SR (HS) & MD will apply as per rule. Reservation will be admissible only to candidates having Domicile in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Candidates having Domicile other than Uttar Pradesh will be treated as General category candidates for all purposes.
4. The candidates must possess MD/MS degree or equivalent qualification while applying for the SR (HS) post.
5. The candidate must submit proof of recognition of his/her degree from Medical Council of India, failing which application will be rejected.
6. The Admit Cards can be printed by candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria failing which their application will be rejected.
7. The Theory Examination for selection of MD Courses will be held on Sunday 25th January, 2009 at 10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon (Paper-I) & 02.00 PM to 04.00 PM (Paper-II).
8. The last date of receiving of completed application forms along with necessary enclosures as mentioned in check list and a Bank Draft for Rs 1000/- drawn in favour of Director, SGPGIMS, Lucknow Academic Account, drawn on SBI, SGPGI Branch, (Code No. 7789), payable at Lucknow, is Friday 14th November 2008 for SR (HS/HA)/PDF course and Friday 26th December 2008 for MD course.
9. Since the application forms are to be filled ONLINE the candidate must ensure that they fill the correct and complete information. On the basis of the information filled by the candidates ONLINE, their suitability for appearing in the entrance examination will be assessed. Institute will not be responsible if application of any candidate is rejected on the basis of information filled by him ONLINE in the application form.
10. While filling ONLINE Application Forms candidates must follow the instructions on the screen.
11. Incomplete application and application received after the last date will summarily be rejected.
12. Candidate must write his name and registration no. on back of the bank draft.
13. In case of any dispute, the decision of the Director, SGPGIMS, Lucknow, will be final.
The completed application along with enclosures (print out of application form filled ONLINE along with Bank Draft and all necessary documents) should be sent latest by Friday 14th November, 2008 for SR (HS)/PDF through courier or speed post in a envelope super scribed “Application for entrance exam of PDF/SR (HS)” and Friday 26th December, 2008 for MD course through courier or speed post in a envelope super scribed “Application for entrance exam of MD Course” addressed to Executive Registrar, SGPGIMS, Raibareli Road, Lucknow 226 014.