PGI Chandigarh : January 2013 Session : Reschedule of the Entrance Examination
CHANDIGARH: Clearing the clouds of uncertainty, at least in the country’s prestigious medical institutes, the Union ministry of health and family affairs has instructed the PGI to conduct the postgraduate MD/ MS exams on 11 November and the AIIMS will continue with its previous schedule of 18 November. This comes a day after the TOI had highlighted how the instability of the UPA government had left over lakhs of medicos taking the exams in these institutes in lurch.
This has come as relief to the doctors who were in a dilemma on where to apply for the various post graduate specialties. Informing the TOI from Delhi, Dr R C Deka, director, AIIMS said, “We had been pursuing the government on the issue. Accordingly the ministry has clearly sent instructions on Friday to the PGI to make it on 11 November.”
The director AIIMS had explained his apprehensions to the ministry about his institute’s inability to make any amendments for the examination. “We have five examination centers in Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai and Guwahati. And to change dates in all these assigned centres is not feasible. PGI has its centre located in Chandigarh alone.”
The instructions from the ministry also have lashed out at the AIIMS and the PGI for lack of coordination in fixing the schedule as this clash has never been in the history of the institutes. There are over 10,000 medicos who take the exams for the PGI, while over lakhs of medicos attempt for the tests in the AIIMS. The competition is so fierce that there are a total of 148 seats in all specialities including the reserved category in the PGI and 289 in the AIIMS.
Cheering the last moment decision, Dr Abeer Goel, a pass out from the Government medical college and hospital, Chandigarh said: “It has come as a respite as the pattern for both exams is different. I have time to revise for both the exams and can now take a chance in AIIMS and the PGI.”
FIRST YEAR JUNIOR RESIDENT FOR MD/MS
- 18.11.2012 (SUNDAY) THEORY EXAMINATION 9.00 A.M. AT VARIOUS CENTRES IN CHANDIGARH
- 19.11.2012 (MONDAY) DECLARATION OF RESULT 9.00 P.M. BHARGAVA AUDITORIUM, KAIRON BLOCK
- 08.12.2012 (SATURDAY) INTERVIEW/COUNSELING 12.00 Noon BHARGAVA AUDITORIUM
- 10.01.2013 (THURSDAY) 2 ND COUNSELING 2.30 P.M. LECTURE THEATRE NO.1
- 21.01.2013 (MONDAY) 3RD COUNSELING 2.30 P.M. LECTURE THEATRE NO.1
- Download :
House Job (ORAL HEALTH SCIENCES) / M.SC MLT
- 02.12.2012 (SUNDAY) THEORY EXAMINATION 9.00A.M. AT VARIOUS CENTERS IN CHANDIGARH
- 03.12.2012 (MONDAY) DECLARATION OF RESULT 9.00A.M. NOTICE BOARD, ZAKIR HALL, KAIRON BLOCK
- 03.12.2012 (TUESDAY) INTERVIEW 4.00P.M. LECTURE THEATRE NO.1
- Download :
- 07.12.2012 (FRIDAY) THEORY EXAMINATION 9.00 A.M. LECTURE THEATRE ‘B’ BLOCK, PGI, CHANDIGARH
- 08.12.2012 (SATURDAY) DECLARATION OF RESULT 9.00 A.M. BHARGAVA AUDITORIUM KAIRON BLOCK
- 08.12.2012 (SATURDAY) CLINICAL/PRACTICAL EXAMINATION 9.00 A.M. IN DEPARTMENT CONCERNED
- 10.12.2012 (MONDAY) INTERVIEW 12.30 P.M. LECTURE THEATRE NO.1
DM/M.CH COURSES/ MASTER OF HOSPITAL ADMINISTRATION/ / POST MD CERTIFICATE COURSE IN CYTOPATHOLOGY AND IMMUNOPATHOLOGY/ POSTDOCTORAL CERTIFICATE COURSE IN VASCULAR NEUROSURGERY
- 13.12.2012 (THURSDAY) THEORY EXAMINATION 9.00 A.M. AT VARIOUS CENTRES IN CHANDIGARH
- 14.12.2012 (FRIDAY) DECLARATION OF RESULT 8.00 A.M. BHARGAVA AUDITORIUM, KAIRON BLOCK
- 14.12.2012 (FRIDAY) CLINICAL/PRACTICAL EXAMINATION 9.00 A.M. IN DEPARTMENT CONCERNED
- 15.12.2012 (SATURDAY) INTERVIEW 12.30 P.M. LECTURE THEATRE NO.1
- Download :
Dr Vijendra says
Has the eligibilty criteria for PGI MD/MS course changed? i’ve attempted phase II & III twice, am i eligible?
pls quote reference
Yes ! They have come up with the new idea it will help to generate more revenue and increase the comp. also.
vsr sastry says
PGI chandigarh announced MD /MS entrance resheduled date as 10 november 2013. but it has not extended tha last date to apply [ 6 oct 2012] very very smart PGI.
sonali nayak says
sir, i just want to join in ur institution in msc nursing. plz give me the detailed.
plz tell about the availability of pgi chandigarh mds entrance dec 2012 admit card