MRB 2014 Counselling Delay. The Way Forward
You have applied for MRB 6 months ago
Have written the exam in Sep 28
Have Got Selected
Certificates have been Verified
And you are waiting for appointment order to join PHC
Some of you are preparing for TNPG 2015 in Full Force.
Others have decided to join service and do PG later. But the counselling is getting delayed. So you are frustated for two reasons
- You are now sitting in home and doing nothing. Since you are likely to be getting a new job (in a location which you are not sure now) you cannot join any job now . . . This is just a minor concern.
- You want to appear for TNPG 2017 as Service Candidate. So you are worried that if your appointment order gets delayed, your eligibility for TNPG 2017 is in doubt
In short, your ultimate aim is that you need to apply for TNPG as Service Candidate at the earliest
You should understand why the counselling is getting delayed
Because of Election, Transfer for all cadres in all departments have been put on hold. Neither the Health Secretary nor DPH can do any thing about this matter, as this is a common phenomenon across all departments.
Why should Transfer Counselling for Seniors be conducted before your appointment Counselling ?
Many of those who joined in MRB 2013 are working away from their home
A vacancy is now available near their home
Will they not want it. Should they continue to work away from home, while you get a place nearby. That is neither moral nor ethical.
If you join immediately, is Eligibility for TNPG guaranteed ?
Because, it is purely within the discretionary power of the government to fix the eligibility as 2 years or 3 years. If they fix it as 3 years BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT ORDER, you cannot challenge that in court. Of course, you can opt out of posting, but there is nothing else you can do
To Know things better
- TNPSC 1998, the eligibility was 2 years, those who got selected joined in 1999 and appeared for TNPG 2002
- TNPSC 1999, the eligibility was 2 years, those who got selected joined in 2000 and appeared for TNPG 2003
- Women Only TNPSC, they joined in August-September 2001, the eligibility was increased to 3 years and they were able to appear for TNPG 2005 only
- TNPSC Oct 2003, the eligibility at the time of application was 3 years, those who got selected joined in 2004 and appeared for TNPG 2007
- TNPSC Oct 2005, the eligibility at the time of application was 3 years, but the appointment process got delayed due to Elections (same like your batch) and they were posted in Jun 2006 Only. They were eligible for TNPG 2010 only. But they represented to DPH and Health Secretary and the eligibility was reduced to 2 years and they were permitted to appear for TNPG 2009
After that, we have had General and Special TNPSCs. The eligibility has been 2 years since then
Now coming to your problem
I will advice you to kindly represent to Health Secretary and DPH and get assured of Eligibility. That is the only way forward
Please Don’t try other “tricks” and force the Authorities to increase the eligibility !!!
1. When can we expect to write TNPG
Surely in 2018
In the past two decades, TNPSC and TNPG were always 4 years apart
There is more likelihood for
MRB 2013 Batch to be allowed TNPG 2017
your batch (MRB 2014) to be permitted in 2018
If they are permitted in 2016 and if you are permitted in 2017, well and good
That is purely at the discretion of DPH + Health Secretary
2. Will we be eligible for TNPG 2017 if we join before March 31,2015
There is no guarantee
It depends on
1. Declaration got from you during Counselling
2. Rules in Prospectus for TNPG 2017