The Official Notification at MCI Web site says
NEET-PG: The common entrance test (CET) for admission to Medical Post-graduate Courses across the country i.e. National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for Medical Postgraduate Courses – MD/MS/Diploma (NEET-PG ) will be held from 2013 onwards . Further details will be available in due course. (Updated as on 25.01.2012 ) From http://www.mciindia.org/NEET/NEETPG.aspx
Reports from Media (http://www.tribuneindia.com/2012/20120202/nation.htm#6) say
The National Board of Examinations (NBE) has agreed to conduct the proposed single common medical entrance test for entry into postgraduate streams from 2013.
The annual convocation of the NBE, which conducts postgraduate and postdoctoral examinations in 54 disciplines approved by the Board for the award of Diplomate of National Board, was held on Wednesday.
Chairperson of the Board Dr K Srinath Reddy said the NBE has taken a decision to hold the National Entrance-cum- Eligibility Test (NEET) for PG medical streams from the next year, as requested by the Ministry of Health.
The decision was taken at the meeting of the governing body of the Board held here yesterday after AIIMS backed out saying it could not handle the load of holding PG entrance tests for the entire country. Following this, the Health Ministry asked the NBE to do the needful.
While agreeing to discharge the responsibility in “public interest”, the Board has made it clear that they want freedom and flexibility to hold the proposed examination.
“We need freedom and control over the proposed test. We will write to the ministry for clarity in this regard because we are not a subordinate body and we have a clean history of conducting examinations for the past over 30 years. Never has any finger been pointed at us for leakages or any discrepancies in conduct of the exams,” Dr Reddy told The Tribune.
Although the original responsibility of holding the proposed NEET-PG was of the MCI, which was supposed to conduct it in 2012, the MCI failed to muster the resources. Even AIIMS said it could not help here.
“We cannot have a system where the MCI exercises control over the question bank part of the exam and we simply act as the exam-conducting body. So while we have agreed in principle to hold the test next year, we will ask the ministry to clarify the nature of arrangement of the test and its conduct; the legal instrument whereby the MCI will delegate its powers to us and the resources to be allocated to us for the purpose,” NBE officials said.
Both NEET-PG and NEET-UG for medical seats were to be conducted by the MCI in 2012 but the MCI and the Health Ministry sought more time in the matter saying they were not prepared. The matter is being heard in the Supreme Court where the Government has promised to conduct both the single entrance PG and UG medical entrance tests from 2013.
For All Posts regarding CET / NEET, see Common Entrance Test (CET) National Entrance cum Eligibility Test (NEET) conducted by MCI / National Board of Examinations
For Complete Coverage about CET, please see the Related Posts
- No NEET for West Bengal MBBS Admission : Suspense ends: CET on hold, it’s WBJEE this year
National Board for Examination (NBE) will be roped in to conduct the test in 2013.
- The Central Institutes were not supportive of this NEET / CET . AIIMS says can’t hold common test CET NEET. For reasons known to everyone, but not told in open, the central institutes wanted their own entrance. AIIMS, Chithirai Thirunal etc have already gone ahead with their own exams
- After Tamil Nadu, Andhra : Gujarat out of NEET 2012 : 3 conditions for NEET
- Biology Syllabus Recommended Text MCQ Books for CET NEET 2012 2013 MBBS
- Chemistry Syllabus Recommended Text MCQ Books for CET NEET 2012 2013 MBBS
- Physics Syllabus Recommended Text MCQ Books for CET NEET 2012 2013 MBBS
- (PIL) Public Interest Litigation against NEET CET (MBBS) in Supreme Court
- Maharashtra to move Supreme Court against medical CET / NEET
- Tamil Nadu Medicos oppose common entrance test ( CET / NEET ) proposal