Advanced HIV Fellowship Programme
Clinical & Leadership Training
Nov 2010 – Nov 2011
Applications are invited for the one-year Advanced HIV clinical and leadership training program jointly run by the
Government of Tamil Nadu, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Government Hospital of Thoracic
Medicine (GHTM), and the International Training and Education Center for Health (I-TECH).
The Fellowship Programme is implemented by I-TECH, an international NGO, affiliated with University of Washington,
Seattle and University of San Francisco, California.
This programme is conducted at GHTM, one of India’s largest HIV care centers and national HIV training centers, offers
more than 10,000 patient encounters, with a range of care issues including OI management, ART therapy, palliative care and
The Fellowship programme consists of the following components:
• Daily hands-on clinical training and experience
• Daily didactic and case-based sessions
• Mentoring by local and international experts and faculty
• Management and leadership skills development
• Clinical or community health project opportunities
Monthly Remuneration: Rs. 25,000 for private candidates;
Tamilnadu Government candidates: Salary from sponsoring institution, as per rules.
Applications are invited from exceptional candidates from across India interested in working in the field of HIV. Government
and private candidates can apply.
• Completion of MBBS recognized by MCI, India. Postgraduate degree/diploma in any Medical discipline is preferred
• Upto 40 years (Relaxable upto 5 years for deserving candidates)
• Indian Nationals only
• Commitment to a career in HIV medical care and/or programme management
• Fluency in English an d a South Indian language preferred
Application to be sent to:
Government Hospital of Thoracic Medicine,
Tambaram Sanatorium, Chennai – 600 047
For Further queries and application details:
Website: www.ghtm.in, www.tnhealth.org
Application form available at : http://tnhealth.org/notifictaion/Adv.HIV%20Fellowship.zip
Application due by 25 August 2010