POST GRADUATE IN INDIAN MEDICINE & HOMOEOPATHY AND ALLIED HEALTH SCIENCE COURSES.
- The classes for Post Graduate students will commence from 1st June of every year and the University examination will commence from 1st June of the Subsequent year. Therefore, the attendance will be calculated for the Post Graduate students from 1st June of the same year to 31st May of the next year including examination period.
- The total number of Working days for the Post Graduate Students of Indian Medicine, Homoeopathy and Allied Health Science courses during one academic year is as follows:-
Total No. of days in a year – 365 days
a) No. of weekly off (Sundays)- 52 days
b) No. of Government
Holidays – 22 days
c) No. of Holidays – 21 days
Total No. of Working days
Including examination period 270 days
- 90% of attendance on 270 Working days (i.e 243 days) is Mandatory for Post Graduate students to appear for the University Examination from June/December 2011 examination onwards.
4. The Post Graduate students can avail the remaining 10% on
270 Working days (viz) 27 days leave in an academic year.
Any kind of leave including Medical leave for more than 27
days in an academic year will not be allowed.
5. There shall be no condonation of any kind of leave for any reason including Pregnancy, Child Birth, Medical conditions of any nature. This is because incompletion of the required term days will result in incomplete training, jeopardizing the life of human beings. HUMAN LIFE CANNOT BE COMPROMISED ON ANY ACCOUNT.
6.The candidates shall not carry over the unavailed leave of
that academic year to the subsequent academic years
7.There are no study holidays permissible by the University.
- For calculating working days, the period of examination is considered as working days.
- The attendance particulars for the examination session has to be submitted 15 days prior to the commencement of the examination. As the candidate has already paid the fees for the examination, it is presumed that he/she will attend the rest of the classes for the next 15 days and appear for the examination.
10.The Post Graduate students who do not have adequate attendance to appear for the 1st year examination will take up the said examination in the subsequent session after acquiring the required attendance. The duration of the 2nd year of the Post Graduate programme will be calculated only from the time of appearance in the 1st year examination.
For example, if a candidate is lacks attendance for June 2011 examination he/she can appear for the 1st year examination only in the subsequent session viz., in October 2011 after acquiring the required attendance. The 2nd year Post Graduate programme will commence from October 2011 and the candidate will become eligible to appear for the University final year examination in October 2012, if he/she fulfilled attendance and other requisite eligibility.
11. The Dean/Principal of the institutions has to furnish the attendance particulars indicating the number of working days attended by the candidate every quarter i.e. up to 31st August, 30th November, 28th February & 15th May through on line to this university. The hard copy of the attendance particulars has also to be sent to the Controller of Examinations of this university.
12. Before commencement of examination of the year the Dean/Principal of the Institution has to furnish the consolidated attendance particulars of the candidate indicating the number of days in each month for a period of one year to this University, in the format annexed as annexure – II.
* * * * * * *