POST GRADUATE DEGREE / DIPLOMA IN MEDICAL & DENTAL COURSES:
- The Academic session commences from 2nd May as per Medical Council of India. The Classes for Post Graduate students will commence from 15th May of every year and the University examination will commence from 1st May of the next year. Therefore, the attendance will be calculated for the Post Graduate students from 15th May of the same year to 14th May of the next year including examination period.
- The total number of working days for the Post Graduate Students of Medical & Dental courses for a period of one academic year is as follows:-
Total No. of days in a year – 365 days
a) No. of weekly off in a year – 52 days
b) No. of holidays – 23 days
Total No. of working days
including examination period 290 days
3) 90% of attendance on 290 working days (i.e 261 days) is mandatory for Post Graduate students to appear for the University Examination in May/November 2012 examination onwards.
4) The Post Graduate students can avail the remaining 10% on 290 teaching days (viz) 29 days leave. Any kind of leave including Medical leave for more than 29 days in an academic year will not be allowed.
5) There shall be no condonation of any kind of leave for any reason including Pregnancy, Child Birth, Medical conditions of any nature. This is because incompletion of the required term days will result in incomplete training, jeopardizing the life of human beings. HUMAN LIFE CANNOT BE COMPROMISED ON ANY ACCOUNT.
6) The candidate shall not carry over the unavailed leave of that academic year to the subsequent academic years except on Medical grounds or on Maternity leave.
7) The candidate can carry over the unavailed period of leave (i.e) 10% of total working days to the next year of study and so on and can be permitted to avail the leave in the subsequent year of study either on Medical grounds or on Maternity leave, but the total leave period should not exceed to the extent to which the candidate is eligible for leave.
8) In case of Post Graduate students posted for training in any other Departments or Institutions for a period of one or two months as the case may be, the candidate should get the attendance from that Institution/Departments and submit the attendance to the Head of the Departments in which the candidate is undergoing the course who will forward the attendance to the University.
9) The Post Graduate Students in Non-Clinical courses who are appearing for the examination at the end of final year has to acquire the required 90% of attendance for every academic year. If the candidate is having lack of attendance in any of the academic year, the candidate has to attend the classes even after completion of the course and the candidate will be permitted to appear for the subsequent examination only after the candidate earns the minimum required attendance.
10) The Post Graduate students in clinical courses who do not have adequate attendance to appear for the 1st year examination will take up the said examination in the subsequent session after acquiring the required attendance. The duration of the 2nd year of the Post Graduate programme will be calculated only from the time of appearance in the 1st year examination.
For example, if a candidate is lacks attendance for May 2011 examination he/she can appear for the 1st year examination only in the subsequent session viz., in September 2011 after acquiring the required attendance. The 2nd year Post Graduate programme will commence from September 2011 and the candidate will become eligible to appear for the University final year examination in September 2012 for Post Graduate Diploma course and September 2013 for Post Graduate Degree course, if he/she fulfilled attendance and other requisite eligibility.
11) The Dean/Principal of the institutions has to furnish the attendance particulars indicating the number of working days attended by the candidate every quarter i.e. up to 14th August, 14th November, 14th February & 30th April through on line to this university. The hard copy of the attendance particulars has also to be sent to the Controller of Examinations of this university.
12) Before commencement of examination of the year the Dean/Principal of the Institution has to furnish the consolidated attendance particulars of the candidates indicating the number of days each month for a period of one year to this University, in the format annexed as annexure – II.
13) There are no study holidays permissible by the University.
14) For calculating working days, the period of examination is considered as working days.
15) The attendance particulars for the examination session for the respective study period has to be submitted 15 days prior to the commencement of the examination. As the candidate has paid the fees for the particular examination, it is presumed that he/she will attend the rest of the classes for the next 15 days after submission of attendance particulars to the University and appear for the examination.
Attendance Particulars for Post Graduate Students from 15th May 2011 to 14th May 2012:
1) Name of the Institution:
2) Name of the Course & Speciality:
3) Year of Examination :
|S.No.||Name of the Candidate||Regn. No.||Number of working days from 15th May 2011 to 14th May 2012||Total No of
rajkanta karmakar says
pls tell me duration of d course and detail about PG entrance..
does this mean that we cant take maternity leave at all except for the accumulated 29days a year?? that is so sad… pls mention the source of information..