NIMHANS MCh Neurosurgery, DM Neurology, Neuroradiology, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry , Neuroanaesthesia
GRAMS: NIMHANS Ph: 26995000/26995015/26995013 FAX: 0091-80-26566811/26564830
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MENTAL HEALTH AND NEURO SCIENCES
Hosur Road, Bangalore-560 029, INDIA
No.NIMH/ACA/ADMN/2012-2013-2 Dated: 22.03.2012
ONLINE Applications are invited on prescribed form for Admission to the following courses for the Academic Year 2012 – 2013.
A) SUPERSPECIALITY COURSES
1. DM Degree in Neuroradiology 2 Seats
2. DM Degree in Neurology 10 Seats (1 for sponsored under post MD/DNB only)*
(6 for Post MD/DNB & 4 for Post MBBS)
3. DM Degree in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
2 Seats (1 for Sponsored)*
4. DM Degree in Neuroanaesthesia
4 Seats (1 for sponsored)*
5. M.Ch. in Neurosurgery 8 Seats (1 for sponsored under post MS/DNB only)*
(5 for Post MS/DNB & 3 for Post MBBS)
B) Ph.D. IN CLINICAL NEUROSCIENCES (ICMR Programme)
1. Ph.D. in Clinical Neurosciences 5 Seats
C) POST DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP COURSES
1. Child & Adolescent Psychiatry 2 Seats (1 for sponsored)*
2. Neuroanaesthesia 4 Seats (2 for foreign/sponsored)*
3. Neuroinfection 2 Seats (1 for sponsored)*
4. Neurology 2 Seats (1 for sponsored)*
b) Movement Disorders
5. Neuropathology 2 Seats (1 for foreign/sponsored)*
6. Neurological Rehabilitation 2 Seats
a) Acute Care & Emergency Psychiatry 2 Seats (1 for sponsored)
b) Community Mental Health 3 Seats (2 for sponsored)
c) Addiction Medicine 4 Seats (2 for sponsored)
d) Consultation Liasion Psychiatry 2 Seats (1 for sponsored)
e) Geriatric Psychiatry 1 Seat (1 for sponsored)
f) Obessive Compulisive disorder & related disorders 2 Seats (2 for sponsored)
g) Clinical Neuro Sciences & Therapeutics in Schizophrenia 2 Seats (2 for sponsored)
* Sponsored candidate/s means sponsored by the State/Central Government or Public Sector undertaking of State/Central Government.
For DM Degree in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and DM Degree in Neuroanaesthesia courses only: “If no eligible candidates are available under
sponsored category, such seats shall be filled by candidates under General Merit Category subject to availability of Senior Residency position at
** For PDF in Psychiatry only: (1). Common Entrance Test will be conducted for all the 7 courses under Psychiatry and choice of course will be given to
those securing highest marks i.e,. the candidate securing highest marks will have the option of selecting any of the 7 PDF courses till all the seats are filled.
(2) “If no eligible candidates are available under sponsored category, such seats shall be filled by candidates under General Merit Category subject to
availability of Senior Residency position at NIMHANS”
D) ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR ADMISSION:
DM Degree in Neuroradiology: MD/DNB in Radiodiagnosis. The duration of the course will be for a period of three years.
DM Degree in Neurology: (a) Post MBBS: The duration of the course will be for a period of five years, (b) Post MD/DNB in Internal
(General) Medicine or Paediatrics: The duration of the course will be for a period of three years.
DM Degree in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry: MD/DNB in Psychiatry. The duration of the course will be for a period of three years.
DM Degree in Neuroanaesthesia: MD/DNB in Anaesthesia
M.Ch. Degree in Neurosurgery: (a) Post MBBS: The duration of the course will be for a period of five years, (b) Post MS/DNB in
General Surgery: The duration of the course will be for a period of three years.
Ph.D. in Clinical Neurosciences (ICMR Programme): Minimum Qualification: MBBS degree with not less than 55% of the Marks of any
University recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI). The Candidate should have completed satisfactorily one year compulsory
rotating internship or its equivalent as recognized by the MCI after passing the final MBBS examination and must have full registration
with a State Medical Council. The duration of the course will be for a period of five years. Post Doctoral Fellowship in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry: MD/DNB in Psychiatry
Post Doctoral Fellowship in Neuroanaesthesia: MD/DNB in Anaesthesia
Post Doctoral Fellowship in Neuroinfection: MD in Microbiology
Post Doctoral Fellowship in Neurology a) Epilepsy b) Movement Disorders: DM/DNB in Neurology
Post Doctoral Fellowship in Neuropathology: MD/DNB in Pathology
Post Doctoral Fellowship in Neurological Rehabilitation: MD/DNB (Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation)
Post Doctoral Fellowship in Acute Care & Emergency Psychiatry: MD/DNB in Psychiatry.
Post Doctoral Fellowship in Community Mental Health: MD/DNB in Psychiatry.
Post Doctoral Fellowship in Addiction Medicine: MD/DNB in Psychiatry.
Post Doctoral Fellowship in Consultation Liasion Psychiatry: MD/DNB in Psychiatry.
Post Doctoral Fellowship in Geriatric Psychiatry: MD/DNB in Psychiatry.
Post Doctoral Fellowship in Obessive Compulisive disorder & related disorders: MD/DNB in Psychiatry.
Post Doctoral Fellowship in Clinical Neuro Sciences & Therapeutics in Schizophrenia: MD/DNB in Psychiatry.
(The duration of Post Doctoral Fellowship courses will be for a period of one year)
Common for all Courses:
The qualifying degrees for all the above mentioned courses should be from a University recognized by NIMHANS. For Medical
qualification the degree should be recognized by the Medical Council of India.
10% relaxation in the qualifying marks of the Entrance Test for all Post Doctoral Fellowship courses for the Sponsored/Deputed
The candidate should have completed compulsory rotation internship of one year after MBBS or its equivalent degree recognized
by Medical Council of India on or before the date of commencement of course i.e., 1
August 2012. A certificate to that effect
has to be produced. The candidate should have permanent registration with State Medical Council. In case of Candidates who
have not completed the Internship and have not registered with any State Medical council, but are selected in the counseling, will
not be considered for admission unless the Internship Completion Certificate and the State Medical Council Registration
Certificate are produced on or before the date of commencement of course failing which, the seat allotted will be cancelled
without any further communication and the Candidate next in the order of Merit in the waiting list will be considered.
Candidates who have MD/MS/DNB from a recognized University or from any other University recognized as equivalent thereto
by NIMHANS and by the Medical Council of India may apply for the course. Candidates who are awaiting the results may also
appear for the Entrance Test subject to production of proof of having passed the examination in writing issued by the University
on or before the date of commencement of course i.e., 1
August 2012. In case of Candidates who are selected for the course at
this Institution in the counseling and have not produced the proof of passing in the qualifying examination must produce the proof
of passing in the qualifying examination or before the date of commencement of course failing which, the seat allotted will be
cancelled without any further communication and the Candidate next in the order of Merit in the waiting list will be considered.
F) FEES/EMOLUMENTS/RESERVATION OF SEATS: Please refer website/prospectus for full details.
1. Application forms for all the courses are available online at the NIMHANS website www.nimhans.kar.nic.in The applications
have to be filled online and submitted online. Printout of the Application Abstract with the latest passport size photograph affixed
(in the column provided) along with the Demand Draft and relevant enclosures should be sent to The Registrar, NIMHANS,
Hosur Road, Bangalore – 560 029 by superscribing the name of the course(s) applied for, on the Envolope without fail.
2. A candidate can apply for a maximum of 3 courses only, provided they are eligible.
3. The Application fee is Rs.1500/- per course for General candidates and Rs.1000/- per course for SC/ST candidates for
each course. The Demand Draft is to be drawn in favour of The Director, NIMHANS, Bangalore – 560 029
4. Foreign Nationals are required to submit their applications through the Diplomatic Channel (through the Ministry of External
Affairs). They shall also appear for the common Entrance Test along with the other candidates.
5. Sponsored candidates should submit their application through proper channel and they should also appear for the Common
Entrance Test. The candidates should produce the sponsorship certificate in the prescribed format.
6. AGE LIMIT: For PG Medical and Superspeciality courses, age should not be more than 32 years for MBBS degree holders and
35 for PG Medical degree holders and relaxable in case of SC/ST Candidates by a maximum of 5 years as on 1.8.2012. For
sponsored candidates age should not be more than 45 years as on 1.8.2012.
7. Application is available online from : 22
March 2012 8. Application is available online for final submission upto : 21
9. Last date for receipt of Application abstract along with enclosures by post/courier : 26
10. Online Entrance Test will be held in all the centres on : 24
11. The date for Counseling will be intimated in the Admit card
12. Commencement of the Courses : 1
13. Last date for admission of candidates : 8
H) GUIDELINES FOR ONLINE ENTRANCE TEST:
The Entrance Test will be held online (i.e., computer based). The eight cities identified for conduct of ON-LINE Entrance Test
are BANGALORE, CHENNAI, COCHIN, HYDERABAD, in the South, PUNE in the West, DELHI in the North, KOLKATA in
the East and INDORE in the Central Zone. There will be multiple test centres in each of these cities and NIMHANS reserves the
right to distribute the test centres to the applicants. A candidate has to select three cities in the order of priority i.e., 1
choice and 3
choice. The choice of City/Centre cannot be claimed as a matter of right. If there are no minimum number of
candidates filled for a particular city, the test in such city will be cancelled and the applicants will be informed about the change
of city well in advance to avoid inconvenience.
A candidate applying for more than one course with the following combinations has to take the Online Entrance Test in
1. DM in Neurology, M.Ch. in Neurosurgery and Ph.D. in Clinical Neurosciences
2. DM in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Post Doctoral Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Post Doctoral
Fellowship in Psychiatry
3. DM in Neurology and Ph.D. in Clinical Neurosciences
4. M.Ch. in Neurosurgery and Ph.D. in Clinical Neurosciences
5. DM in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Post Doctoral Fellowship in Psychiatry
6. Post Doctoral Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Post Doctoral Fellowship in Psychiatry
7. Post Doctoral Fellowship in Neuropathology
8. Post Doctoral Fellowship in Neuroinfections
9. Post Doctoral Fellowship in Neurology (a) Epilepsy (b) Movement disorder
10. Post Doctoral Fellowship in Neurological Rehabilitation
11. Post Doctoral Fellowship in Psychiatry
12. Ph.D. in Clinical Neurosciences
Candidates applying for the following courses/course combinations can take the Online Entrance Test from any of the eight cities
1. DM in Neurology and M.Ch. in Neurosurgery
2. DM in Neuroanaesthesia and Post Doctoral Fellowship in Neuroanaesthesia
3. DM in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Post Doctoral Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
4. DM in Neurology
5. DM in Neuroanaesthesia
6. DM in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
7. DM in Neuroradiology
8. Post Doctoral Fellowship in Neuroanaesthesia
9. Post Doctoral Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
A mock test demo will be hosted on the NIMHANS website 15 days prior to the Online Entrance Test. The Online Entrance Test
will be conducted on a single day i.e., on 24
June 2012 at all the Test Centres across the country simultaneously.
Incomplete applications, applications without enclosures i.e., Final year Mark Sheet, Attempt, Internship Completion,
Registration Certificates, 10
Standard Marks sheet, PG Degree Certificate, PG Marks card and Caste Certificate in case of
SC/ST/OBC category and Applications without Demand Draft or insufficient Demand Draft will be rejected. The Demand Draft
or application of the rejected candidates will not be returned at any cost. No communication will be given against the rejected
applications. Demand Draft or enclosures sent subsequently will not be considered. Application Abstract will strictly not be
accepted after 26
April 2012. No interim enquiry or correspondence will be entertained. Candidates called for Entrance Test
and Counseling must be present at the venue within the stipulated time failing which they will not be considered for Entrance
Test or Counseling at any cost. Possession/use of Mobile Phones/Electronic Devices is strictly prohibited in the premises of
NIMHANS Entrance Test Centres and candidates shall be liable for the penal action for any such act.
NIMHANS reserves its absolute rights to modify/alter/amend the admission guidelines.
Eligible candidates must take printout of their Admit Card for the Entrance Test from NIMHANS website only. Hall-Tickets
will not be sent by post. List of qualified candidates for counseling will be notified on the Institute’s Notice Board and Website.
No separate individual intimation will be given. The decision of the Director in all matters regarding selection will be final and
no representation in any form will be entertained. The candidate must visit the website from time to time for all necessary details
and updates on the above.
NIMHANS Website : http://www.nimhans.kar.nic.in E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org Phone No.: 080 26995013
Ahmed Kalifa says
hello, I wold like to tack 2 years fellowship in neurosurgery in
India but I dont know the way please if you can advice me