The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University Regulations of attendance for Under Graduate and Post Graduate Degree Courses:-
I. UNDER GRADUATE IN MEDICAL, DENTAL, INDIAN MEDICINE & HOMOEOPATHY AND ALLIED HEALTH SCIENCE COURSES;
- The classes for Under Graduate students will commence from 1st August of every year and the University examination will commence from 1st August of the subsequent year. Therefore, the attendance will be calculated for the Under Graduate students from 1st August of the same year to 31st July of the next year including examination period.
- The total number of Working days for the Under Graduate students during one academic year is as follows:-
Total No. of days in a year – 365
a) No. of weekly off (Sundays)- 52
b) No. of Government
Holidays – 22
c) No. of Holidays – 21
Total No. of Working days
Including examination period 270
3) There are twelve Second Saturdays in one year. The Clinical Postings & related teaching will take place in the clinical areas for the Under Graduates on Second Saturdays. However, (the college will be closed as it is Government holiday) they will not have the lecture classes in the afternoon session. Hence Second Saturdays will be considered as working days.
4) 90% of attendance on 270 Working days (i.e 243 days) is mandatory for Under Graduate students to appear for the University Examination from August 2011 examination onwards.
5) The Under Graduate students can avail the remaining 10% on 270 Working days (viz) 27 days leave in an academic year. Any kind of leave including Medical leave for more than 27 days in an academic year will not be allowed.
6) If the candidate is lacking attendance in any one of the subject(s), he/she will be detained for the subject(s) in which the candidate lacks attendance but will be permitted to appear for the rest of the subjects in which the candidate is having minimum required percentage of attendance.
7) There shall be no condonation of any leave for any reason including Pregnancy, Child Birth, Medical conditions of any nature. This is because incompletion of the required term days will result in incomplete training, jeopardizing the life of human beings. HUMAN LIFE CANNOT BE COMPROMISED ON ANY ACCOUNT.
8) The candidate shall not carry over the unavailed leave of that academic year to the subsequent academic years.
9) In case of failed students where there is a break in the course of study, the candidate has to put in again the required percentage of attendance and then only the candidate will be permitted to appear for the subsequent examination in the failed subjects.
10) The Dean/Principal of the institutions has to furnish the attendance particulars indicating the number of working days attended by the candidate every quarter i.e. up to 31st October, 31st January, 30th April & 15th July through online to this university. The hard copy of the attendance particulars has also to be sent to the Controller of Examinations of this university.
11) Before the commencement of examination, the Dean/Principal of the Institution has to furnish the consolidated attendance particulars of the candidates indicating the number of days in each month for a period of one year to this University, in the format annexed as annexure – I.
12) There are no study holidays permissible by the University.
13) For calculating working days, the period of examination is considered as working days.
14) The attendance particulars for the examination session for the respective study period has to be submitted 15 days prior to the commencement of the examination. As the candidate has paid the fees for the particular examination, it is presumed that he/she will attend the rest of the classes for the next 15 days after submission of attendance particulars to the University and appear for the examination.
Attendance Particulars for Under Graduate Students from 1ST Aug. 2011 to 31ST Jul. 2012:
1) Name of the Institution:
2) Name of the Course & Subject :
3) Year of Examination :
|S.No.||Name of the
|Regn. No.||Number of working days from 1st Aug. 2011 to 31st Jul. 2012||Total No of
my doughter in-law wants do BSMS in your college send your college details for above course. she has completed Intermeadiate Bipc with 81.4% in sri chaitanya college vijayawada. kindly send your details.