PG/Medical Admission 2011/ /2011
Post Graduate Medical Courses(other than D.M/M.Ch.) 2011
1. Application in the prescribed form are invited for admission to the postgraduate medical
courses of Gujarat University (other than D.M/M.Ch.) Application forms (along with
relevant rules applicable) will be available at office of the Gujarat University (Cooperative
Store, Behind University Library Nr.Samajvidhya Bhavan, Opp.State Bank of India,
University Campus) on payment of Rs. 500/- each as per programme shown in Para -1
(Old forms are invalid). Entrance Examination Fee Rs. 1500/- will be accepted at Room
No.20, Ground Floor, Gujarat University Office, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad upto 4-00 p.m.
on working days, except the recess period.
2. Completed application form along with entrance examination fee receipt will be accepted
at Room No.35, P.G. Section,1st floor, Gujarat University office, Ahmedabad as per
programme shown in Para-1.
3. The application form, before submission, should be completed in all respects in every
details, duly certified copies of required documents should be attached No alteration or
addition, will be permitted later on.
4. None of the accompaniments will be returned. All original certificates, the copies of which
are attached to the application form must be brought at the time of submission of
application form for verification if required. Last date of acceptance of completely filled in
application form with entrance examination fee receipt is as per the programme shown in
5. Every candidate will be issued a receipt when he/she submits his/her application form.
This must be preserved for all future references and produce when asked for.
6. Only those applications along with Examination Fees and required documents received
up to last date will be considered. Any application received later than the last date,
application with insufficient details, or required documents or required fees shall be
rejected without any explanation even if it is received within date and time.
7. If any of the statement made in the application form or any information/document supplied
by the candidate in connection with the application for admission is found to be false or
incorrect or misguiding or if it is found that the candidate has concealed any information
/fact in connection with his application, the application form shall be rejected/his
admission shall be cancelled without any notice thereof, fees forfeited and he may be
expelled and prosecuted.
8. He/ She must be an Indian. He / she must be must be medically fit; the candidate is
requested to download the prescribed Performa for submission.
9. The Candidate must have completed the recognized M.B.B.S. or equivalent course from
University within Gujarat state and completed compulsory rotating internship before the
date of interview, but preference shall be given to candidates graduating from the Gujarat
University.The candidate who has passed MBBS from Deemed University from Gujarat
state will not be eligible. All candidates shall have to submit the certificate from the Dean
of college regarding completion of internship. However candidate who has completed the
nine months of internship shall have to submit the certificate from the Dean of college
regarding completion of nine months of internship (The certificate should mentioned date of completion of internship) along with the application. Such a candidate should have to
produce full internship completion certificate at the time of interview, failing which,
candidate will not be eligible for admission.
10. A candidate who is currently engaged in P.G.medical studies in any University or any
other University or equivalent body is not eligible. On completion of course he / she
become eligible. Completion of course means he/she must have completed the course
training and passed the course examination conducted by concern University.
11. A candidate who in the past selected and admitted to any P.G.Medical course of this or
any other university or equivalent body and did not complete that course, is not eligible.
12. A candidate who had applied earlier to this University and who was disqualified as per
rule by Gujarat University is not eligible.
13. A candidate has to appear in Competitive examination for admission to Post-graduate
medical courses (M.D. /M.S. Diploma) held by Gujarat University and should have to
secure 50% marks in entrance test for seeking admission to open category seats and
40% marks in entrance test for seeking admission to SC, ST & SEBC category seats
only.(Reserved candidate securing 40 % or more but less than 50% in entrance test will
not be eligible for open category seat even if it remains vacant.) However Open category
candidate with locomotor disability of lower limbs who has secured 45% of marks in
entrances test will be eligible for 3% locomotor disability quota only
14. All the applications will be considered for open category students but if any candidate
wishes to claim admission under SC/ST/SEBC category i.e. reserved seats for this
respective category should furnish details in application form along with relevant
documents mentioned thereof. The allocation of seats to this reserved category will be
decided as per the roster register maintained separately by the affiliated
Institutions/Colleges of Gujarat University.
15. The affiliated P.G. Institutes separately will prepare the category wise seat list in each
subject. The 7% of seats available for P.G. Degree and Diploma under Rule 3 will be
reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, 15% of seats will be similarly
reserved for ST candidates and 27% of seats will be similarly reserved for candidates
belonging to socially and Educationally Backward Class (SEBC) students including
widows and orphan children. The students desiring admissions under SEBC category will
have to submit a non-creamy layer certificate of current financial year at time of
submission of application. However they have to submit a non-creamy layer certificate of
financial year pertaining for the academic year of the students i.e. issued on or after 1st
April 2011 that they are not included in the creamy layer from the competent authority as
prescribed by the Govt. of Gujarat from time to time at time of interview.
Three percent (3%) of available seats in each category (SC/ST/SEBC/OPEN) in Locomotor disability (PH) shall be reserved for loco-motor disabled candidates of the
respective category provided that a candidate having “loco-motor disability of lower limbs
between 50% to 70% (upper limbs being normal) “shall be eligible to apply for admission
to Non-Surgical Medical course subjects only. Provided that in case any seat in this 3%
quota remains unfilled on account of unavailability of candidates with locomotory disability
of lower limbs between 50% to 70% then any such unfilled seat in this 3% quota shall be
filled up by persons with locomotor disability of lower limbs between 40% to 50%. No
other disability certificate except the certificate which is issued as per the performa
annexed to the application form from Medical board constituted for the purpose regarding
disability and suitability of such candidate for undertaking the course shall be treated as final. The Candidate with a disability more than 70% will not be eligible for admission to
any Post Graduate Courses on any category. No other disability will be allowed as per
MCI guidelines. For allocation of seats to physically handicapped category in said year,
Roster point guideline given by Govt.of Gujarat will be followed.
50% of the available seats in Post Graduate Diploma Courses shall be reserved for
Medical Officers in the Government services, who have served for at least three years in
remote and difficult areas & are eligible as per, Gujarat University PG Admission rules.
Such a candidate should submit a certificate from competent authority that he/she has
served for at least three years in remote and difficult areas to become eligible for this
quota. The Medical Officer shall serve for two more years (Minimum) in remote and/or
difficult areas after passing the course examination.
16. The seats are reserved for the candidates belonging to SC/ST and SEBC recognized as
such in the State of Gujarat and not those or whose parents have migrated from other
State to Gujarat State. Such candidates will have to produce the caste certificate from the
competent authority as prescribed by the Government of Gujarat from time to time, and
submit it along with the application. The candidates will not be allowed to change the
caste category thereafter.
17. In case of doubt or discrepancy about the caste certificate, decision of the Director, Social
Welfare, Gujarat State, shall be final.
18. For allocation of seats (SC/ST/SEBC) in the said year to this reserved category a subject
wise 100 point Roster, register will be followed, record of which will be maintained by the
University/Respective College/Institutions These Roster Point list will be separate for
affiliated Institutions /College.
19. In case non-availability of SC/ST/SEBC candidates for respective seats they shall be
treated as unreserved seats.
20. Seats can be utilized in the same academic year only and vacancy in any one academic
year can not be utilized in subsequent academic year.
21. The selected and admitted candidate are required to pay the fees & execute the bond
along with solvency certificate / Bank guarantee etc. of Gujarat University, concerned
college / Institute as determined from time to time, failing which their admission will be
cancelled without any notice and he/she will be debarred from applying in future.
22. Original documents as required, of admitted candidate will be retained by authority.
23. A candidate who is graduate of a University other than Gujarat University shall have to
submit provisional eligibility certificate (P.E.C.) from the Gujarat University within one
month from the date of his/her admission, failing which the admission of candidate shall
be cancelled and will not be eligible to apply in future. After obtaining the Provisional
eligibility certificate,the candidate has to obtain full eligibility certificate from the Gujarat
University before the end of 2nd term.
24. A candidate should have to obtain permanent Registration with the Medical Council of
India or Gujarat Medical Council within one month from the date of his/her admission,
failing which, the admission of candidate shall be cancelled and will not be eligible to
apply in future. Para-1 PROGRAMME : Also see website www.gujaratuniversity.org.in
¾ Application forms along with relevant rules shall be available from 03/01/2011,
from11.00 am to 2.00 pm and 3.00 to 4.00 pm.
¾ Last date of acceptance of completed application form along with entrance
examination fee receipt is up to 17/01/2011, 4.00 pm
¾ Candidates list for Entrance Examination and centre will be declared on
28/01/2011 on Web-site
¾ Entrance Examination will be held on 30/01/2011 at 11.00 am to 2.00 pm.
¾ Place of the entrance examination will be declared on website
¾ Date of declaration of entrance examination result will be on the same day on
¾ Provisional merit list will be declared in 1
week of April on website.
¾ Final merit list will be declared after scrutinizing objections of candidates on
¾ Counseling will be by 7
¾ Last date of joining the allocated the college and course 15
Para-2 List of documents (attested by Gazetted Officers)
1. Ist, IInd & III rd MBBS Mark sheets (for all the attempts).
2. Document from the respective University mentioning separate External passing
marks for Ist, IInd & IIIrd MBBS subjects. It must show the total external marks of
3. Attempts certificates of I, II & IIIrd MBBS.
4. Certificate of internship completion or certificate regarding completion of nine
months of internship & it shall mentioned date of completion of internship.
5. Caste certificates (2 Copies) for SC/ST/SEBC
6. Non-Creamy layer certificate of current financial year (2 copies) i.e. issued on or
after 1-4-2010 for S.E.B.C. category students, but must produce Non-Creamy
certificate, fresh certificate issued on or after 1-4-2011, otherwise he/she
will not be eligible to appear in counseling/interview.
7. Certificate from competent authority for Medical Officer in the Government
services applying for 50% reserved PG Diploma Courses that he/she has served
for at least three years in remote and difficult areas.
8. School Leaving Certificate (2 copies)
9. Passing certificate of P.G.Examination (if required) for the students who have
taken admission earlier.
10. Medical fitness certificate as per prescribed Performa
11. Certificate of Registration with Gujarat Medical Council or Medical Council of
12. Two self addressed envelopes with appropriate postage stamp. And 10
photographs to be pasted in Application Form.
Copy with compliment to:
1. The Dean/PG Director of All Medical Colleges, Gujarat State.
2. The Dean, Medical Faculty, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad.
3. The Commissioner for Higher Education,Gandhinagar
4. The Secretary, Health Deptt.,New Sachivalaya,Gandhinagar.
PG/Medical Admission 2011/ /2011