PG/Medical Admission 2009/ /2008 16th december’2008
Admission Notice Postgraduate Medical courses ( MD/MS/Diploma ), 2009.
1. Application in the prescribed form are invited for admission to the postgraduate medical
courses of Gujarat University (other than D. M./M.Ch.) Application forms (along with
relevant rules applicable) will be available at office of the Gujarat University (Cooperative
Store, Behind University Library Nr.Samajvidhya Bhavan, Opp.State Bank of India,
University Campus)on payment of Rs. 500/- each as per programme shown in Para No.13
(Old forms are invalid)
2. The application form, before submission, should be completed in all respects in every
details. No alteration or addition, will be permitted later on duly certified copies of required
documents should be attached. Copy of INTERNSHIP COMPLETION CERTIFICATE must
also be attached. (If full internship is not completed, documentary proof from the Dean of
the college, regarding date of completion of internship must be submitted, failing which,
candidate will not be eligible for admission. Only the external marks (University marks)
obtained in each subject by the candidate are to be considered, for preparing the
merit list. If mark sheets do not have separate internal & external marks, then candidate
must provide documentary proof of subject wise external marks, from respective university.
These documents must have information regarding external marks obtained and also total
external examination marks subject wise. Failing to this, the application will be rejected
without informing the candidates.
None of the accompaniments will be returned. All original certificates, the copies of which
are attached to the application form must be brought at the time of interview for verification.
Original mark sheets of the admitted candidates will be returned by the authority. Last date
of acceptance of completely filled in application form with entrance examination fee receipt
is as per the programme shown in para No. –13. Entrance Examination Fee Rs. 1500/-
will be accepted at Room No.20, Ground Floor, Gujarat University Office, Navrangpura,
Ahmedabad upto 4-00 p.m. on working days, except the recess period.
3. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
3.1 He/She must be an Indian National. He/she must be medically fit. The candidate is
requested to download the prescribed performa for submission.The Gujarat University
has all the right to verify the fitness of the candidate by Medical experts.
3.2 The candidate must have completed the recognized M.B.B.S. or equivalent course
from the Universities within Gujarat state and compulsory rotating internship before the
date of interview. The candidate who has obtained MBBS degree from Deemed
University is not eligible. All candidates shall have to submit the documentary proof from
the Dean of the college regarding the date of completion of internship along with the
application, failing which their applications shall be rejected. However, candidate should
have to produce full internship completion certificate at the time of interview, failing
which, candidate will not be eligible for admission.
3.3 A candidate should have obtained permanent Registration with the Medical Council of
India or Gujarat Medical Council within one month from the date of his/her admission,
failing which, the admission of candidate shall be cancelled and will not be eligible to
apply in future.
3.4 A candidate who is currently engaged in P.G. Medical Studies in Gujarat University or
any other University or equivalent body is not eligible. On completion of the course that
is after passing the University exam for that course, he/she becomes eligible for another
P.G. medical course.
3.5 A candidate, who, in the past, selected and admitted to any P.G.Medical course of this
or any other University or any equivalent body and did not complete that course that is,
if the candidate has not cleared the university examination of that course, is not eligible.
3.6 A candidate who has applied earlier to this University and who was disqualified because
of reasons mentioned in Rules is not eligible.
3.7 A candidate who is graduate of the University other than Gujarat University should have
to submit provisional eligibility certificate.(P.E.C.) from the Gujarat University within one
month from the date of his/her admission, failing which the admission of candidate shall
be cancelled and will not be eligible to apply in future.
3.8 A candidate has to appear in Competitive examination for admission to Post-graduate
medical courses (M.D. /M.S. Diploma) held by Gujarat University and should have to
secure 50% marks in entrance test for seeking admission to open category seats and
40% marks in entrance test for seeking admission to SC , ST & SEBC category seats
only. .(Reserved candidate securing 40 % or more but less than 50% in entrance test
will not be eligible for open category seat even if it remains vacant.)
3. 9 All the applications will be considered for open category students but if any candidate
wishes to claim admission under SC/ST/SEBC category i.e. reserved seats for this
respective category should furnish details in application form along with relevant
documents mentioned thereof. The allocation of seats to this reserved category will be
decided as per the roster register maintained separately by the affiliated
Institutions/Colleges of Gujarat University.
The candidate who wishes to claim for a seat reserved under Physically Handicapped
category, should furnish the details in application form. This candidate must present
himself/herself before Medical Board constituted as per G.R.No.MCG/1004/1976/J for
assessing and certifying percentage of his/her Loco-motor disability (Lower Limbs only
and upper limbs being normal) between 50% to 70% as per M.C.I. guideline. The
Candidate with a disability more than 70% will not be eligible for admission to Post
Graduate Courses. No other disability shall be allowed as per the MCI guidelines. The
eligible candidates under this category will be given admission to Non-Surgical Medical
courses only as per M.C.I. guideline subject to the availability of seats in different nonsurgical
medical courses for physically handicapped students as per roster point
guideline given by the Govt. of Gujarat.
Ten percent (10%) of available seats in Diploma in Pediatric, T.B.& chest, Ob&Gy,
Anesthesia, and P&SM will be reserved for in-service Doctors but however Gujarat
University Post graduate rules will be applicable for these candidates.
4. The seats reserved for the candidates belong to SC/ST/SEBC recognized as such in the
State of Gujarat and not those or whose parents have migrated from other State to
5. If any of the statement made in the application form or any information/document
supplied by the candidate in connection with the application for admission is found to be
false or incorrect or misguiding or if it is found that the candidate has concealed any
information /fact in connection with his application, the application form shall be
rejected/his admission shall be cancelled without any notice thereof, fees forfeited and he
may be expelled and prosecuted.
6. Completed application form along with entrance examination fee receipt will be accepted at
Room No.35, P.G. Section,1st floor, Gujarat University office, Ahmedabad as per programme
shown in Para-13 . Prescribed receipt will be issued immediately. Application by post must
be sent by Registered A.D. addressed to the Registrar, Gujarat University, P.G Section,
Room.No.35, Gujarat University, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad-9. Applicant or his/her duly
authorized representative who
has obtained prior permission of the university should remain
present for the interview at the notified date and time and also at the time called later again.
Candidate or his duly authorised representative remains absent for whatever reason, his
name will be removed from the merit list and he/she will not be considered for any post.
However, he will be eligible to apply again in future.
7. Only those applications along with Examination Fees and required documents received up
to last date will be considered. Any application received later than the last date and time due
to postal delay or any other reason, will not be considered. Application with insufficient
details, or required documents or required fees shall be rejected without any explanation
even if it is received within date and time.
8. Entrance examination will be held, as per programme shown in Para No. 8 the date of result
of the Entrance Examination will be declared on Gujarat University Web-site
9 Admitted candidates are required to execute the bond along with Solvency Certificate/Bank
Guarantee as per the rules of concern Institute/College and submit to the Head of the
concern Institute/College failing which their admission will be cancelled without any notice
and they will be debarred from applying in the future.
10 . PROGRAMME : Also see website www.gujaratuniversity.org.in
• Application forms along with relevant rules shall be available from 29/12/2008, from11.00
am to 2.00 pm and 3.00 to 4.00 pm.
• Last date of acceptance of completed application form along with entrance examination
fee receipt is up to to 9/1/ 2009, 4.00 pm
• Candidates list for Entrance Examination and centre will be declared on 22/01/2009 on
• Entrance Examination will be held on 25/01/2009 at 11.00 am to 2.00 pm.
• Place of the entrance examination will be declared on website
• Date of declaration of entrance examination result will be on the same day of
examination on web site.
• Provisional merit list will be declared in 1st week of April on website.
• Final merit list will be declared after scrutinizing objections of candidates on website.
• Date of counseling will be on or before13th April 2009 on website.
• Last date of joining the allotted the college and course 21st April 2009.
• Vacancy filling counsel on 25th May,2009
• Last date of joining the course after vacancy filling counsel on 31st May 2009
11 List of documents (attested by Gazetted Officers)
(1) Ist, IInd & III rd MBBS Mark sheets (for all the attempts).
(2) Document from the respective University mentioning separate External passing marks
for Ist, IInd & IIIrd MBBS subjects. It must show the total external marks of those
(3) Attempts certificates of I, II & IIIrd MBBS.
(4) Internship Completion Certificate from, Dean Medical College. Certificate from Dean,
Medical College, mentioning date of completion of internship for a concerned
(5) Caste certificates (2 Copies) for SC/ST/SEBC/PH.
(6) Non-Creamy layer certificate of current financial year (2 copies) i.e. 2007-2008 for
S.E.B.C. category students, but must produce Non-Creamy certificate, fresh
certificate issued on or after 1-4-2009, otherwise he/she will not be eligible to
appear in counseling/interview.
(7) School Leaving Certificate (2 copies)
(8) Passing certificate of P.G.Examination (if required) for the students who have taken
(9) Medical fitness certificate as per prescribed Performa
(10) Certificate of Registration with Gujarat Medical Council or Medical Council of India.
(11) Two self addressed envelopes with appropriate postage stamp. And 10 photographs
to be pasted in Application Form.
Copy with compliment to :
1. The Dean/ P.G.Director of All Medical Colleges of Gujarat State..
2. The Dean, Medical Faculty, Gujarat University., Ahmedabad.
3. The Commissioner for Higher Education,Gandhinagar
4. The Secretary, Health Deptt.,New Sachivalaya,Gandhinagar.
PG/Medical Admission 2009/ /2008 16th december’2008