No. CEE / 2961/PGM/ 2008/TA IV.
GOVERNMENT OF KERALA
OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER FOR ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS
HOUSING BOARD BUILDINGS, SANTHINAGAR, THIRUVANANTHAPURAM – 695 001.
ENTRANCE EXAMINATION FOR ADMISSION TO POST GRADUATE
MEDICAL (DEGREE/DIPLOMA) COURSES, 2009
1. Applications are invited for the Entrance Examination for admission to Post Graduate Medical (Degree / Diploma) Courses, 2009 in the Medical Colleges in Kerala.
2. Eligibility for Admission (i) Nativity : Applicant should be an Indian citizen of Kerala origin / have been residing in Kerala for a period of at least 8 years / have passed the MBBS Course from any of the Medical Colleges in Kerala.
(ii) Academic Qualifications : M.B.B.S. Degree from any University in Kerala or of any other University, recognized by the Universities in Kerala as equivalent thereto with eligibility for full registration in respect of all courses. Applicants who will complete Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship (C.R.R.I.) on or before 31.03.2009 are eligible to apply for writing the Entrance examination, subject to the condition that the admission will be given only after registering with the T C Medical Council.
(iii) Age: Upper age limit as on 30.04.2009 for different categories will be as follows:
General Candidates: For Degree / Diploma Courses : 45 years
Service Candidates: For Degree Courses : 47 years Subject to relaxation
Service Candidates: For Diploma Courses : 48 years mentioned in class VII (a)
of the prospectus.
3. Selection and Entrance Examination: Selection of General candidates excluding service quota candidate to state quota seats will be made on the basis of an Entrance Examination to be conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations [CEE] at Thiruvananthapuram, Ernakulam and Kozhikode on 01.02.2009 (Sunday). It will consist of two Papers, each of two hours duration and having 150 Objective Type (Multiple Choice) Questions each. A minimum of 50% marks in the Entrance Examination is mandatory to become eligible for admission as per the Medical Council of India Post Graduate regulations. In case of candidates belonging to SC/ST and SEBC the required minimum marks in the Entrance Examination is 40%. Weightage will be given to candidates who have done one year compulsory Government Service after the MBBS course as per the various Govt. orders referred in G.O.(MS)533/2008/H.&FWD dtd. 07.10.2008. Such candidates should have completed one year physical service in rural area /difficult rural area stations as on the date of notification of inviting application for the course. Compulsory rural service posting done in Medical College Hospital will not be counted for weightage for P.G. Admission.
4. Application forms: Prospectus and Application form will be available from 20.12.2008 in the website cee-kerala.org (See Clause VIII of the Prospectus). The Application form is common for General and Service candidates. Candidates seeking admission to this course can apply in the Online application form provided in the website www.cee-kerala.org. of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations and then remit the required fee at a designated bank. Application fee for
General candidates is Rs. 1000/- and SC/ST candidates is Rs. 500/-. Service candidates who seek admission under General Quota also, should pay extra Rs.1000/- (Please see Clause VIII (b) Application forms will not be sold from the office of the CEE or office of the DME. Application fee once remitted will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Last date and time for receipt of filled-in application forms: Candidates, seeking admission should forward their completed application with all the required documents mentioned in clause VIII(d) of the prospectus to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Housing Board Buildings, Santhinagar, Thiruvananthapuram — 695 001, either by Registered Post, by Speed Post or Hand Delivery so as to reach him before 5 pm on 12.01.2009, [Monday]. However, Service Candidates should send their Application form, along with copies of all required documents, to the Controlling Officer as stipulated in the prospectus, on or before 12.01.2009. Service candidates seeking admission in General Merit quota will have to forward the application form both to the Controlling Officer and Commissioner for Entrance Examinations. Late, defective and incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. No correspondence will be undertaken in this regard. The Commissioner for Entrance Examinations will not be responsible for any postal delay.
5. Candidates will neither be allowed, to include any information in the application form nor to submit any certificates / documents claiming reservation or any benefits, after the submission of the application, under any circumstances. Candidates must note that, they have to obtain the required certificates in the body of the application form itself, wherever specified. The certificates that are attached separately along with the application form will not be considered under any circumstances.
6. The CEE will conduct the Entrance Examination, prepare and publish the rank list of Candidates who qualify in the Entrance Examination and forward the same to the Director of Medical Education. The rank list will be made available in the website “cee-kerala.org”.
7. The selection, admission and allotment of seats including those under Service Quota will be made by the DME through a Centralized Allotment Process [CAP] and will be based on various provisions laid down in the Prospectus, approved by the Government of Kerala.
8. Candidates may go through the various provisions of the Prospectus available in the Official website of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations at “cee-kerala.org”, before filling up the “On-line application forms”.
Thiruvananthapuram, B.S.MAVOJI I A S,
19 .12.2008. COMMISSIONER FOR ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS.
You can see the Prospectus at http://groups.google.com/group/targetpg/web/2009_Kerala_PG_Prospectus.pdf and also at http://www.cee-kerala.org/pgmedical.htm