This post applies to doctors who have completed their post graduation in Tamil Nadu Government Medical College as Non Service Candidates in April (Diploma) / May (Degree) 2011 and have been posted in various government Institutions
What to do
- Wait for Posting Order
- If it is getting delayed, Get a copy of Posting Order from DME / DMS / DPH Offices
- Get a fitness Certificate from any Civil Surgeon. Technically and legally, you become an assistant surgeon only when you join duty. So on the previous day, your fitness can be certified by an assistant surgeon. But, most of the clerical staff do not know this rule. So it is better to get the fitness certificate from a civil surgeon or senior civil surgeon.
- Check your district level officer. If you are posted in a PHC, it is the Deputy Director of Health Services (DDHS). If you are posted in a GH, it is the Joint Director of Health Services and for Medical Colleges, it is the Dean / Medical Superindent
- You need to first report to the District Level Officer
- Use the Joining Report format given below
- The Officer, will then issue you another order.
- Take Multiple Xerox Copies of this order.
- If you are posted in a PHC, Post these orders yourself to (1) DPH (2) DME (3)The Medical College from which you completed your PG Course. If you are posted in a GH, Post these orders yourself to (1) DPH (2) DMRHS (3) DME (4)The Medical College from which you completed your PG Course. If you are posted in a Medical College, Post these orders yourself to (1) DPH (2) DME (3) The Medical College from which you completed your PG Course.
- Send a telegram to all the above mentioned officers in the format Dr.<Name> completed <Course> in <Medical College> joined duty at <Insitution> on the forenoon of <Date>
- Remember that the forenoon of the day you report to the district office is the date of joining service.
- Write another joining report to the BMO (in case of PHCs), Medical Supdt / RMO / MO in case of GH and HOD in case of Medical Colleges in a similar format, except that you need to add the reference number and date of order discussed in point 7 above
- Get your name written in the attendance register and sign in TAMIL.
- Of course, it is preferable to write even this joining report in tamil. The reason I have given this in English is to avoid terrorising you on day one. . .
- All the best
- Feel free to ask doubts in the comment section or in www.facebook.com/targetpg. All the best 🙂 🙂
Dr.<Initial>. <Name> MBBS <Degree>
Previously Post Graduate in <course> in <College Name> Medical College
The Dean / The Joint Director of Health Services / The Deputy Director of Health Service
Medical College / District / HUD
Sub : TNMS – Establishment – Dr <Name> – appointed – posted at <Institution> – Reporting for duty – joining report – submitted – reg
- Order <> dated <> of the
- Order <> dated <> of the
With reference to the above orders, I report to join duty at <Insitution> on the forenoon of <date>
My Original Certificates are with Dean <Medical College>
Kindly permit me to join duty
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.