TNPSC 2013 Special is on September 22. Notification, Dates, Vacancies, Procedure
Please note : This is only for those who are already in service
TAMIL NADU PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
Notification No: 10 /2013 DATED: 21.06.2013
Special Qualifying Examination for persons appointed temporarily as Assistant Surgeon
Applications are invited only from about 2594 temporary Doctors, who were appointed temporarily as Assistant Surgeons, Medical Officers and Non-Service Post Graduate/Diploma holders, Tutors in the time scale of pay with reference to G.O.(Ms). No. 215, dated 12.06.2007, G.O.(Ms). No. 172, dated 05.06.2008, G.O.(Ms). No. 50, dated 04.02.2009, G.O.(Ms). No. 6, dated 07.01.2010, G.O.(Ms). No. 28, dated 27.01.2009, G.O.(Ms). No. 48, dated 03.02.2009, G.O.(Ms). No. 373, dated 06.11.2009, G.O. (Ms). No. 222, dated 06.08.2010, G.O. (Ms). No. 368, dated 30.12.2010, G.O. (Ms). No. 2, dated 02.01.2012 and Government letter No. 29312/EAP-I/2010-1, dated 06.08.2010, G.O. (D). No. 1292, dated 12.12.2012 and with reference to the clarification issued in Government D.O.letter No.4361/B2/2013-5, dated 08.05.2013 and letter No.4361/B2/2013-6, dated 15.05.2013 of Health and Family Welfare Department, as the case may be and who were in service as on 12.12.2012 and continuing in service as on the date of this Notification so as to absorb them as Assistant Surgeons on regular basis.
- Name of the Post and Code No. : ASSISTANT SURGEON (Code No.:1947)
- Name of the Service and Code No. : Tamil Nadu Medical Service (Code No.: 048)
- No. of Temporary hands : 2594 (Inclusive of 303 carried forward vacancies in BCM-31, MBC/DC-175, SC-61, SCA-20, ST-16)
- Scale of Pay Rs.15600-39100/- + G.P. Rs. 5400/- (PB3)
2. IMPORTANT DATES AND TIME:-
A Date of Notification 21.06.2013
B Last date for submission of applications through online 19.07.2013
C Last date for payment of fee through Bank or Post Office 23.07.2013
D Date of Main Examination in CBT Method
- Paper-I – Medical Science 22.09.2013 10.00 A.M. to 1.00 P.M.
- Paper-II – General Studies 22.09.2013 2.30 P.M. to 4.30 P.M.
3. QUALIFICATIONS: –
(A) AGE (as on 01.07.2013): Maximum Age (should not have completed) 35 Years
(i) No Maximum age limit for SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and Destitute Widows of all castes.
(ii) Candidates, who have exceeded the prescribed maximum age limit may also apply. The age rule will be relaxed by the Government, if they come up for selection.
(iii) Item(d) of Para 2 of the Commission’s “Instructions to the Candidates’ will not apply to this recruitment.
(B) EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:
Candidates should possess the following or its equivalent qualification on the date of their temporary appointment as Assistant Surgeons:-
(i) Must possess the degree of M.B.B.S. of any University or Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission for the purpose of its grant or the D.M. and S. of the Government of Tamil Nadu.
(ii) Must be a Registered Medical practitioner within the meaning of Madras Medical Registration Act, 1914.
(i) The qualification, prescribed for this post, should have been obtained by passing the required degree course in the order of studies, 10th, HSC, Bachelor’s degree.
(ii) Persons claiming equivalence of qualification should furnish evidence for such claim along with the copy of their applications.
4. GENERAL INFORMATION:-
A. The rule of reservation of appointment applies to this recruitment and distribution of vacancies will be as per the rule in force.
B. If no qualified and suitable female candidates are available for selection against the vacancies reserved for women, those vacancies will be filled by male candidates belonging to the respective communal categories.
C. Candidates, who do not apply and appear for this Special Qualifying Examination or who do not come out successful in the said examination combined with Oral Test with the minimum qualifying marks shall be ousted from service forthwith.
D. A Medical Graduate who has passed out from a Medical College in Madhya Pradesh should also produce a certificate from the competent authority to the effect that he is not under contractual obligation to serve the Government of Madhya Pradesh.
E. The Differently Abled persons should produce, before their appointment (One Leg persons (OL) alone with-40%-50% disability are eligible for reservation to Differently Abled persons), a certificate of physical fitness specifying the nature of physical handicap and the degree of disability based on the norms laid down, from the Medical Board concerned in the relevant speciality to the effect that his/her handicap will not render him/her incapable of efficiently discharging the duties attached to the post to which he/she is selected.
F. Even after filling up of the posts reserved for SC Arunthathiyars on preferential basis, if more number of qualified Arunthathiyars are available, they shall be entitled to compete with the Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars in the inter-se merit among them and if any posts reserved for Arunthathiyars remain unfilled for want of adequate number of qualified candidates, it shall be filled up by Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars.
G. CERTIFICATE OF PHYSICAL FITNESS:- Candidates selected for appointment to the post will be required to produce a certificate of physical fitness in the form prescribed below:
Name of the post : Assistant Surgeon
Standard of Vision Prescribed : Standard-III
Form of Certificate : Form prescribed for Executive Posts
Candidates with defective vision should produce eye fitness certificate from a qualified eye specialist.
H. Reservation of appointment to “Destitute Widows” and “Ex-servicemen” will not apply to this recruitment.
I. Any claim relating to the selection (not related to candidature or/and claims made in the application) should be received within 30 days from the date of announcement of results. Claims received thereafter will receive no attention.
J. Information regarding arrest, convictions / debarment / disqualification by any recruiting agency, criminal or any disciplinary proceedings initiated or finalised, participation in agitation or any Political Organization, candidature in election for Parliament/State Legislature/Local Bodies etc., if any, should also be furnished to the Commission.
K. Applications containing wrong claims relating to category of reservation / age / educational qualification will be liable for rejection.
L. Para 15 (g) of “Instructions to the Candidates” will not apply to this Special Qualifying Examination.
5. SCHEME OF MAIN EXAMINATION (OBJECTIVE TYPE) AND ORAL TEST:-
Subject : Main Examination in Computer Based Test Method:- Paper-I Single Paper in the Subject Viz. Medical Science (Code No.078) [Degree Standard] (200 Items)
Duration : 3 hours
Maximum Marks : 300
Subject : Paper-II General Studies [Degree standard] (100 items)
Duration : 2 hours
Maximum Marks : 200
Subject : Interview and Record
Maximum Marks : 70
Total : 570
Minimum Qualifying Marks for selection For all candidates : 171
1. The Syllabus for the subject viz., Medical Science has been published in the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Bulletin No. 11, dated 16.05.2001 at pages 893-896 and the Syllabi are available in the Commission’s Website at www.tnpsc.gov.in
2. The existing syllabi for Medical Science – Paper I and Medical Science – Paper II have been clubbed together and will constitute a single syllabus. A single Question paper in the said syllabus will be set in English only
3. The Syllabus for General Studies (Paper-II) is available in the Commission’s website hosted on 18.04.2013. The question paper will be set in both Tamil and English.
Computer Based Test (CBT):
The candidate has to appear for the examination where he has been allotted to the examination. Change of centre or venue is not permitted. He has to carry the Hall Ticket (Admission Card) and same has to be produced at the examination venue. Each Candidate will be assigned a Computer to take up the examination. Candidates will be provided with a user name and password to login the system. Necessary instructions will be displayed on screen. Kindly read and follow all the instructions carefully.
• Candidates are not permitted to carry any electronic and/or communication device into the examination hall. They are advised not to bring the electronic gadgets with them.
• Computer Based Test (CBT) is similar to paper pen shading test.
• In CBT, questions with four options each will be displayed in the computer screen.
• Candidate has to click the best answer to the question.
• Candidates can proceed to the next question by clicking next button. Or previous question by clicking previous button.
• Candidates can review any question and the answers and the answers can be changed at any time before the closure of examination. They can skip the questions also, if they desire so.
• Candidate can use only the mouse to select the correct answers and proceed with answering the questions.
• The Questions and optional answers will be shuffled randomly and displayed to the candidate.
• Candidate can submit their answers at any time during the examination.
• Once the answers are submitted, the candidates have no option to proceed further.
• If the candidate fails to submit their answers, the system will automatically submit the answers to the server, at the closure of the examination.
• No computer knowledge is required to take up the CBT. Knowledge in Mouse operation is suffice to take up the CBT.
• The question and answers can be zoomed to the required level for the candidates with visual impairment.
Candidates will be admitted to the examination till 30 minutes from the commencement of the examination. Candidates have to sign the attendance sheet and affix thumb impression for verification of his identity. All the activities of the candidates with the mouse will be recorded in the server and a log file will be created for future reference. The Examination Hall will be under camera surveillance.
To acquaint with the operation of Mouse and the CBT, the candidates can take up the mock test available in the Commission’s website (www.tnpsc.gov.in) and they can practice the usage of mouse in the mock test. Mock test is similar to the CBT to be held on the day of examination. In the Mock test, all the steps are given similar to the CBT. Candidate can practice the mock test as many times as he/she likes.
6.CENTRE FOR EXAMINATION:
Examination will be held at Chennai centre only (Code No.001).Candidates should appear for the examination at their own expenses.
7. PROCEDURE OF SELECTION:-
Selection will be made in two successive stages i.e., (i) Main Examination and (ii) Oral Test in the shape of an interview. Final selection will be made on the basis of the total marks obtained by the candidates at the Main Examination in both the papers and Oral Test taken together subject to the rule of reservation of appointments. Candidates’ appearance both in the Main Examination in all the
papers and Oral Test is compulsory. A candidate who has not appeared for any of the paper in Main Examination or for the Oral Test will not be eligible for selection, even if he/she secures the minimum qualifying marks in the Main Examination.
8. EXAMINATION FEE:
- Rs.175/- (Rupees one hundred and seventy five only) to be paid by all the candidates. (i.e. Cost of Application Rs. 50/- + Examination fee Rs.125/-).
- Candidates claiming exemption from examination fee should pay Rs. 50/- towards Application Cost.
- Candidates have also to pay the service charges applicable to the Bank or Post Office or Fee Processing Agency.
- Those who have registered in the onetime registration system and paid the registration fee of Rs.50/- and received the registration ID need not pay the application fee for a period of 5 years from the date of registration even if he/she applies for any other posts, subsequently notified by the Commission. But those candidates shall pay examination fee, if applicable. (For further details regarding fee concessions, refer para 12 of the ‘‘Instructions to the Candidates’’).
Concessions in the matter of age and /or fees allowed to SCs., SC(A)s., STs., MBCs/DCs., BCs., BCMs., Differently Abled persons, Destitute Widows, ExServicemen, etc. are given in the Commission’s ‘‘Instructions to the Candidates’’.
10. Copy of online Application and copy of certificates to be sent to the Commission through the Head of the Department :-
The Head of Office / Department shall forward the print out of applications with the following details to the Director of Public Health and Preventive Medicine. Candidates should take a print out of online application and submit the same to the Head of Office in which the candidates had served last or are now working for the purpose of onward transmission to the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission with all the required certificates through the Director of Public Health and Preventive Medicine on or before 19.08.2013 :-
1. Name of the candidate:-
2. Date of birth:-
3. Qualification as on the date of temporary appointment:-
4. Post to which appointed and Date(s) of temporary appointment:-
5. G.O. No. & date with reference to which the candidate was appointed temporarily:-
6. Whether the candidate was in service as on 12.12.2012 [(i.e.) the date of issue of the G.O. (D). No. 1292, H&FW Department, dated 12.12.2012] and whether he/ she is still continuing in service:-
7. Whether the candidate’s work and conduct is satisfactory during his /her temporary appointment:-
8. Whether the candidate was awarded any punishment and whether any Charge is pending or contemplated against the candidate:-
9. Whether the candidate has registered in Tamil Nadu Medical Council, if so Medical Registration Number and Date:-
10. Remarks if any:-
The Director of Public Health and Preventive Medicine should collect and forward all such applications to Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission on or before 19.08.2013.
11. HOW TO APPLY:-
Candidates should submit filled in online application form directly to the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. They shall also submit a print out copy of online applications through proper channel as referred to at para 10 of this Notification.
• Candidates should apply only through online in the Commission’s Website www.tnpsc.gov.in or in www.tnpscexams.net
• Before applying, the candidates should have scanned image of their photograph in the specified size and signature in CD/DVD/Pen drive as per their convenience.
• A valid e-mail ID or Mobile Number is mandatory for registration and e-mail ID should be kept active till the declaration of results. You are cautioned to keep your e-mail ID and pass word confidentially. TNPSC will send Hall Tickets (Memorandum of Admission) for Main Examination in Computer Based Test method, Interview Call Letters, Other Memos etc. to the registered / given e-mail ID only.
• Please note that all the particulars mentioned in the online application including Name of the Candidate, Post Applied, Communal Category, Date of birth, Address, E-mail ID, Centre of Examination etc. will be considered as final and no modifications will be allowed after the last date specified for applying online. Since certain fields are firm and fixed and cannot be edited, candidates are requested to fill in the online application form with the utmost care and caution as no correspondence regarding change of details will be entertained.
• The candidates who wish to receive SMS should register their mobile number in the application.
11(A) Applying Online:-
1) Candidates are first required to log on to the TNPSC’s website www.tnpsc.gov.in or www.tnpscexams.net
2) Click “Apply Online” to open up the On-Line Application Form.
3) Select the name of the post or service for which you wish to apply.
4) If you already have Unique ID, please enter the Unique ID and password to view the already available information and update them, if necessary.
5) If you do not have valid ID, please enter all the required particulars without skipping any field.
6) Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature. An online application uploaded without the photograph and signature will be rejected.
11(B) Mode of Fee Payment:-
Please select the mode of payment (Online Payment/Offline Payment).
11 (C) Online Payment (Net Banking, Credit card/Debit card) :-
1) In case candidates who wish to pay fees through the online payment gateway, i.e. Net Banking, Credit Card and Debit card Payment, an additional page of the application form will be displayed wherein candidates may follow the instructions and fill in the requisite details to make payment.
2) After submitting your payment information in the online application form, please wait for the intimation from the server, DO NOT press Back or Refresh button in order to avoid double charge.
3) If the online transaction has been successfully completed a Registration Number and Password will be generated. Candidates should note their Application Number and Password for future reference in respect of the post applied for.
11 (D) Offline Payment (Post Office or Indian Bank) :-
1) For offline mode of payment candidates have to select either Post Office or Indian Bank Branch.
2) Click “SUBMIT” to submit the Application form.
3) Candidates will be provided with Application Number and password. Please note down the Application Number and password.
4) On Submission, system will generate the payment Chalan which the candidate need to take print out and go to the nearest branch of Indian bank or the Designated post Offices as the case may be, to make the payment.
5) Collect the candidate’s copy of the fee payment Chalan from the Branch. Please check that the Chelan is properly signed and the details of Transaction Number, Branch Name and DP Code Number, Deposit Date have been noted in the Chalan by the Branch authorities.
6) Online Application Registration will be taken as successful one, only if the payment is made either in the post office or in the Indian Bank within two working days from the date of registration/submission of application.
11 (E) Print Option:-
1) After submitting the application, candidates can print /save their application in PDF format.
2) On entering Application Number and password, Candidates can download their application and take print out.
I. Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply on-line much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date for depositing the fee/ intimation charges to avoid the possibility of disconnection/inability/failure to log on the TNPSC’s website on account of heavy load on internet/website jam.
II. TNPSC does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of the TNPSC.
III. Under no circumstances, a candidate should share/mention e-mail ID or Mobile Number to any other person. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, they should create a new e-mail ID before applying online and must maintain that e-mail account.
IV. There is a provision to modify the submitted Online Application. Candidates are requested to make use of this facility to correct their details in the Online Application if any. This modification facility will be available up to the last date for applying online for the particular post. After this date, no modification will be permitted. Candidates should take utmost care and caution while filling in the Online Application. Please note that no modification in fee payment details will be permitted for candidates who pay fees/ intimation charges through the online mode. Since certain fields are firm, fixed and cannot be edited, candidates are requested to fill in the online application form with the utmost care and caution as no correspondence regarding change of details will be entertained.
V. Candidates should carefully fill in the details in the On-Line Application at the appropriate places and click on the “SUBMIT” button at the end of the OnLine Application format. Before pressing the “SUBMIT” button, candidates are advised to verify each and every particular filled in the application. The name of the candidate or his /her father/husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates/mark sheets. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
VI. Request for change/correction in any particulars in the Application Form shall not be entertained under any circumstances AFTER THE LAST DATE FOR Editing/ Updating application details specified. TNPSC will not be responsible for any consequences arising out of furnishing of incorrect and incomplete details in the application or omission to provide the required details in the application form.
VII. Commission is not responsible for the online payment failure.
12. OTHER IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS:-
a. Candidates should ensure their eligibility for examination: The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all eligibility conditions for admission to examination. Their admission to all stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying of the eligibility conditions. The candidates’ applications will be considered only if the applications are recommended by the HOD. Mere issue of memo of admission to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been fully cleared by the Commission.
b. How to apply: Candidates are required to apply Online by using the website www.tnpsc.gov.in or www.tnpscexams.net Detailed instructions for filling up online application are given in Para 11 of this Notification.
c. The Hall Tickets for eligible candidates will be made available in the Commission’s Website www.tnpsc.gov.in or www.tnpscexams.net for downloading by candidates. No Hall Tickets will be sent by post.
d. Facilitation counter for guidance of candidates: In case of any guidance/information/clarification of their applications, candidature, etc. candidates can contact Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission’s Office in person or over Telephone No. 044-25300300 or the Commission’s Office Toll-Free No.1800 425 1002 on all working days between 10.00 a.m. and 05.45 p.m.
e. Mobile Phones and other Articles Banned:-(i) Candidates are not allowed to bring Pager, Cellular Phone, Calculator, Memory
Notes and books etc. or any other Electronic device or Recording Device either as separate piece or part of something used by the candidate such as Watch or Ring.
(ii) If they are found to be in possession of any such thing or instrument they will not be allowed to attend the examination further, besides invalidation of answer paper and / or debarment. If it is considered necessary they will be subjected for a physical search including frisking on the spot.
(iii) Do not bring into the Examination Hall any article such as books, notes, loose sheets mathematical and drawing instruments, Log Tables, stencils of maps, slide rules, Text Books, rough sheets etc.
(iv) Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including Mobile Phones / Pagers to the venue of the examination, as arrangements for safekeeping cannot be assured.
f. Candidates are required to submit certified copy of all certificates including Medical Registration Certificate along with their print out of application, in support of their claims regarding Age, Educational Qualification, Experience, Community Certificate and certificate regarding their Physical Disability, equivalence of qualification etc.,(refer para 10 of this Notification). The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of examination for which they are admitted by the Commission viz. Main Examination and Oral Test will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification at any time before or after the Main Examination and Oral Test, it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the examination will be cancelled by the Commission.
g. If any of their claims is found to be incorrect, they may render themselves liable to disciplinary action by the Commission.
h. Unfair means strictly prohibited: No candidate shall attempt to obtain irregular assistance of any description.
i. Conduct in Examination Hall: No candidate should misbehave in any manner or create a disorderly scene in the Examination Hall or harass the staff employed by the Commission for the conduct of the examination. Any such misconduct will be severely viewed & penalized. The Online Application can be filled upto 19.07.2013 till 11.59 p.m., after which the link will be disabled. (For any additional information the candidates may refer Commission’s ‘‘Instructions to the Candidates’’ at the Commission’s website www.tnpsc.gov.in )
- Special TNPSC 2013 Soon. Those in Service as on 12.12.12 likely to be eligible
- Special TNPSC 2013 for 2800 Doctors is likely to be on 21.04.2013
sir, regarding physical disability quota, i am affected with b/l ctev with 65% disability.. according to notification, am i not eligible for physical disability quota.. i joined service on 07.02.2011…